Sometimes, while working with QuickBooks accounting software the QuickBooks users may get some issues and errors. And these issues & errors may prevent all the work from making it very difficult to just complete the task. And QuickBooks abort error is one of them. And here, this guide should be capable to assist you if your QuickBooks software keeps aborting.
The QuickBooks abort error suggests damage to the QBWUSER.INI file. Some of the time, while the QuickBooks users simply saving progress or just making some changes to files, at that time, QuickBooks software crashes unexpectedly. With this, also your system might simply switch off while the progress is being just saved. And because of this error, QuickBooks accounting software automatically closes or crashes. Also, most of the operations just stop working because of regular crashing.
This abort error code creates some difficulty when the users simply accessing the company files. And due to this, an error message gets shown stating “The connection to the QuickBooks company files has been just lost“.
Causes of QuickBooks Abort Error Code
There could be some of the few major reasons for this QuickBooks error code to happen. And the causes of this error are as follows:-
- When your QBWUSER.ini file has been simply damaged, this abort error occurs.
- The Firewall just present on your system is not accurately or correctly configured for working with QuickBooks software.
- And when your antivirus program is just having a conflict with your QuickBooks software.
- There are many of the different versions of QuickBooks software on your system that are simply creating a clash.
- In multi-user environments, there is more than one QuickBooks user just trying to host a particular QuickBooks company file.
- When you randomly crashed the save process by simply shutting down or sleeping your system.
- The complete flow of data between the storage locations has been just crashed somehow, this QuickBooks error happens.
Symptoms of Abort Error in QuickBooks
Below are some of the main symptoms that you might face with the QuickBooks abort error. Just have a look:-
- Your QuickBooks software is closing or shutting down frequently.
- And the system is just randomly crashing.
- All the program gets simply aborted, and there is a ‘fatal app exit.’
- The QuickBooks accounting software gets just terminated from Windows 8.
- The frequent system simply shut-downs without any single error messages.
Easy Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Abort Error
There are some easy & quick solutions if your QuickBooks software keeps aborting. So, simply perform these simple steps to just get the best results. And also get help from the specialists for better guidance.
To simply resolve this error code just restart the QuickBooks database server manager, and then simply move the file to the different folder, and after that just set the power-saving mode to never.
Solution 1:- Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- In the first step, simply install the Quickbooks file doctor tool.
- After that, just do a double-click on the icon to launch the tool.
- And now simply view the results:-
- If it just shows “no error detected” then the files are simply ok.
- But if it shows “error detected” then just:-
- Repair all the files.
- And simply restore all the backup.
- And finally, just recover all the lost data with the help of the QuickBooks auto data recovery tool.
Solution 2:- Just Rename the QBWUSE.INI File
Renaming will simply remove the last list of files that are just opened. And to do this, follow these simple & quick steps:-
- First of all, just enable all the hidden folders where the QBWUSE.INI file is simply saved.
- After that, just navigate to location:\[user name]\AppData\Intuit\quickbooks [year].
- And then, make a right-click o the QBWUSE.INI.
- Now, simply click on the rename and add .oLd at the end of the file name option.
- In this step, just rename the .ecml file.
- At last, simply try opening the file.
And if the file does not just open, in that case, simply copy the file to another new folder. After that, just try opening the file from there. And it should be just a local folder rather than a network location.
Solution 3:- Check the Hosting Status of QuickBooks software
- First, just go to the files option.
- Now, simply do a click on the utility option.
- And then, just click on the stop hosting to multi-user access option.
- Now, simply open the QuickBooks company file on the multi-user mode.
- And finally, just see for the checkmark in the box marked – “open file in multi-user mode” is there.
Some of the time the firewall of the system may simply block the network access which in turn would just block too many QuickBooks programs and files. So it is most important to always configure the Windows firewall to work best & well with the QuickBooks accounting software.
So this was how you can simply fix the QuickBooks abort error by just using the above easy, quick & parament solutions. If you ever run into this abort error code, then you should try to fix it as soon as possible, because they simply crash your system.