QuickBooks Desktop is the most important accounting software for small and medium-sized businesses. In this software, you will get lots of features and tools to make your accounting work very easy. QuickBooks has a feature that is called Auto Data Recovery which will help you to recover lost data with QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery in case you have lost your data or you are facing any corruption in your data.
So Intuit Data Services will assist you with data recovery many times. However, this process will take some time and probably you will not be able to work on Quickbooks for some days. Using this method of recovering your lost data is the faster way. Make sure that this method should be used when all appropriate troubleshooting tried by yourself.
Let’s see how Auto Data Recovery will help you to recover your lost file:
- You can restore your lost data transactions by using your current transaction log file and a file of your company file.
- You can restore a copy of all of your company file and your Transaction Log file in a few hours.
You need to keep the below points in mind:
- You can get the ADR feature in only QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise Solutions for Windows.
- You will not enjoy this feature in Accountant Editions.
- The limitation of the Auto Data Recovery file is 1.5 GB and if your backup is more than the limit then QuickBooks will not be able to generate an ADR file.
- To use this feature smoothly without any issue you need to update your QuickBooks software regularly.
- Follow all the solution shown below.
How to recover recent transactions using the original .TLG file with .QBW.adr file:
Here we will discuss how can you use the original transaction log file and ADR version of the company file to recover all your recent transactions.
- First, you need to create a new folder on your desktop with the name QB Test.
- Now you need to open the folder where you have the company file.
- In your company file’s folder search for the .tlg file. It should save with the same name as your company file. Show the file extensions. If you are not able to find the .tlg file then do the below steps to show file extensions.
- If you want to open file explorer then you need to press Windows+E on the Keyboard.
- You have to select organize, then select the folder, and then search options. For Windows 10, 8.1 & 8: Select View, then select Filename extension.
- Then you need to select Hide extensions for known file types.
- Then select Apply and then Press OK.
- Now you can copy the corresponding .tlg file of your company file, and then paste it to the QB Test folder saved on your Desktop.
- Then Open your QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder which is placed on the same location where you have saved your company file.
- Then you need to copy the .QBW.adr file and then you need to paste it into the QB Test folder. Now you have two files in your QB Test Folder which are the .QBW.adr and .tlg file.
- Then go to the QBTest folder and right-click on the .QBW.adr file and then rename it.
- You need to remove .adr from the end of the file.
- Now you should open QuickBooks.
- Now you need to open the company file that you have saved in the QBTest folder. And then verify all the transactions with your account register.
- Now select the file and then Utilities and then you need to verify Data to check the data integrity of the recovered file.
- It is good to have a copy of the company file, you can transfer the damaged company file to another location and move the copy from QBTest to the original location.
How can you recover recent transactions using .QBW.adr and .TLG.adr files :
In this solution, you can use the ADR Version of both the files .QBW and .TLG. this process may take 12 hours transaction to recover all the company files.
- First of all, you need to create a new folder and save it with the name of QBTest on your desktop.
- Now you have to open the folder where you have saved the company file and search for the QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder.
Tip: By pressing key F2 or Ctrl+1 you can check the location of the company file on the product data screen and No company Open Window.
- Then you need to search for the .TLG.adr and .QBW.adr files should be saved with the same name as your company file.
Show the file extensions
If you are not able to identify the .TLG.adr and .QBW.adr files, follow the steps to find the same:
- You need to press windows+E to open File Explorer.
- Then select the organize and then select Folder and then search options. For Windows 10, 8.1 & 8: You need to select View, and then select Filename extension.
- Then you will have to select Hide Extension for known file types.
- Then you need to select Apply then press OK.
- Then you need to copy .TLG.adr and .QBW.adr files and then you need to paste them into the QBTest folder.
- Go to your QBTest folder and remove the .adr from the end of your file name and it should provide you the file qbw and .tlg files in your QBTest folder.
- Now you can Open Quickbooks.
- Then you need to open the company file that is saved in your QBTest folder, Then you need to verify all the transactions by using your account register.
- Now go to the top left and select File and select Utilities and then you need to verify the Data to check the data integrity of the recovered file.
- If the copy of the company file is good then you can transfer the damaged company file to another location and transfer the copy from the QBtest to the original Location.
We hope you have read this article carefully to get to know that how you can recover lost data with QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery. We have explained all the steps with simple language so you can understand the process easily.