QuickBooks is the most useful and important accounting software that helps you to work easily. It has many features and tools to work on Payroll, Invoices, Bills, Transactions, profits, and losses, etc. So if you are thinking to make your accounting work easy then you should go for QuickBooks Desktop. We have mentioned all the step by step process to get started with QuickBooks Desktop for your reference:
Get started with QuickBooks Desktop Setup for the first time:
Here you will find all the steps to setup QuickBooks Desktop on your computer.
Step 1: First you need to register for QuickBooks Desktop
In this process, you need to register first if you get started with QuickBooks Desktop, It will take just one minute or less than that. You can get a subscription package after using this software for a free trial. We have mentioned all the packages and subscription below for your reference:
- Simple Start Plan- $5/month: In this plan, you will get the benefit of creating Invoices, Also you will get estimates and back transactions.
- Essentials Plan- $10/month: You will get access to all services that you will get in the Simple start plan along with you can manage and pay bills. It will support a multi-user feature also.
- Plus Plan- $21/month: You will all the necessary features in this plan including access to track inventory, prepare and print 1099’s.
You will get all these subscription plans after using 30 days trial. To get the benefit of a subscription you have to fill in your personal detail.
If you are thinking to use QuickBooks Online make sure the browser you are using is compatible with it. You can use a browser like Chrome, Safari 6.1, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 10 or higher. After signing in for the trial version, you can get access to QuickBooks and QuickBooks Dashboard.
- On the Quickbooks desktop, you can show a to-do list. Once you logged in, you will find so many tutorials that will assist you to set up various parts of your new account. After that, you need set preferences to move forward with the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now go to the top menu and click on the Company tab and choose Preferences. Fill or Edit your company’s contact details and if required change the account setting including Invoice automation, payroll, time tracking, and credit card payments.
Step 3: Import Business Data to QuickBooks
The new version of QuickBooks Desktop has a feature that will help you to import data without any issue, So you don’t need to import it manually. It will help you in data import, bank transactions, customer data excel, and your Excel chart of accounts.
To get benefit from all of these features you need to click on the Company tab and then choose More and then Import Data from the drop-down menu.
- You will have various options to upload the file and also you choose the one as per your requirement. Apart from this, you can upload the customer or vendor list very easily with this software. Now you need to match all your field with the QuickBooks field to make sure that there is no error showing in the list.
- With the help of QuickBooks software, you can import the customer and vendor data, Products, and services from your excel, your bank transaction, charts of accounts from excel, and QuickBooks desktop company data. While importing these data you may get some errors however you can easily troubleshoot them.
- You can understand that QuickBooks will over- categorize your business work in this process, but you can trust this software that will help you to keep your business work in a more organized way.
Step 4: Sync QuickBooks with your Bank Accounts
- You need to click on the Banking tab first that is showing on top of the screen, It will connect to QuickBooks automatically with your bank account. Now you can get your Transaction by clicking on the Download Transactions.
- Now you get a pop-up window on your screen, here you need to fill up the bank detail that you want to sync.
- Then you will get the next pop-up window on your screen and you need to fill in your bank detail, here you can use your internet banking detail (username and password). Then wait for a few minutes and your account will be attached with the software and now you can import all your transaction detail to QuickBooks software.
- Now you are able to attach your customer and vendor names with each transaction. It will help you to keep track of the debit and credit information.
Step 5: Sync your Business credit cards
- You need to sync your credit card account after your bank account also. While doing it make sure that all your credit card information showing in QuickBooks software. It will ensure that you didn’t record your data by yourself.
- Now click on the banking tab showing on the top menu bar if you want to sync your credit card then select More and click on the register from the drop-down. Enter your bank detail and select the Credit Card option in the pop-up showing on your screen. When you click the QuickBooks will open a credit card setup wizard then you can sync your credit card after doing few steps.
Step 6: Customize your Invoices with Company Banking
- This software will help you to maintain your customer invoices by clicking on Customizing QuickBooks invoice with the company logo and branding name. It will show that your company is well-organized.
- As a QuickBooks user, you will be very happy to know that QuickBooks can support customizable invoices. With this feature, users can change the style, color, font, layout, and size. You need to remember that you will get these features with a subscription to QuickBooks Plus.
- Now you need to click on the customer tab to see the customization menu and choose to create invoices. Here you can choose the template that you want for your invoice or you can make your own format of an invoice. If you need to do changes then you can do the same by clicking on the Formatting tab and then you need to click on Customize Date Layout.
- Now you can customize the design and layout or invoice and check for the Use Logo Checkbox and then check how it is looking after using on the invoice.
Step 7: Import your contacts to QuickBooks
- You can import all your contact with QuickBooks accounting software easily. And then you will get ready for everything in QuickBooks.
- Now you need to click on Company- More- Import Data and then choose Customers or Vendors that you want.
- You can upload the data of your vendor and customer in the form of an excel or CSV file. When file importing work will be done Quickbooks will extract the data automatically.
- Some time Quickbooks shows some errors while copying the data. When you will fill in all the correct data then you can click on Continue and Review the data.
Tips for the First time QuickBooks users
Here we will discuss some important tips that should be followed while using QuickBooks Desktop for the first time:
Avoid using invoices and estimates:
You should not use Invoices and estimates on Quickbooks if you are not familiar with this software. When you will use this feature, all the accounting activities you have done will post automatically. When you will learn to generate the amount on QuickBooks then you can start using this feature. It will help you to make your accounting work proper and accurate.
You will get the feature to sync your bank account with QuickBooks but we will suggest that you should keep your business bank account separate and don’t include any personal transaction in it.
Pro QuickBooks Advisors to help you
QuickBooks software will help you to find the nearest certified QuickBooks professionals according to your zip code or postal code.
Connect QuickBooks with Payroll Software
QuickBooks desktop is one of the most popular software for payroll, with the help of this software you can do this work easily and correctly. Also, you can sync your payroll software program with it. This software will help you keep updated with the tax laws and other changes.
We hope you understand all the steps and tips that we have mentioned for you if you are looking for How to Get Started With QuickBooks Desktop. So read this article carefully and take advantage of the given points when you get started with QuickBooks Desktop.