Primeaxle gives you an easy and complete guide about QuickBooks database server manager. QuickBooks database server manager is a very helpful tool in QuickBooks that always allows you to easily organize applications for multiple users. Also, it is convenient and very useful, as it allows you to make the best use of the QuickBooks desktop application.
QBDBSM offers network data files that are simply stored on your system. And in case you are using more than one amazing version of QuickBooks desktop, so it is always recommended to just install QBDBSM for each of the version. If you get a little confused while going through any part of this article, so always feel free to contact our QuickBooks support technical phone number +1-844-541-7444.
QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Many users may already know that the QuickBooks database server manager (QBDBMS) easily supports multi-user access. And it easily and quickly makes a network data file (.ND) on the host computer for a company file.
Every user at one point has to install the database server manager. Because it always allows a user to successfully connect with the host computer and excellent perform tasks in a multi-user mode.
Installing the server manager will give you:-
- Easily and quickly analyze and scan the company file for the purpose of multi-user access.
- And also examine the local storage device to discover new company files automatically.
How To Access QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
You must know how to easily access the QB database, server manager. So for this here we have some easy steps, let’s discuss them:-
- First, simply navigate and then just click on the start icon button.
- Now there is an option that programs. Simply choose it.
- Then just click on the QuickBooks tab.
- And finally, in the end, just choose the tab called QuickBooks database server manager.
QuickBooks Database Server Manager: Some Important Guidelines
Before starting the easy installation process of QBDBSM, we suggest that go through the following important tips:-
- QBDBMS continuously helps to generate network data files and easily stores the company files on the host computer. And you should install each great version of the database server manager if want to use multiple versions of QuickBooks desktop.
- If you are simply installing the multiple versions of the database server manager so it will provide you only multiple versions of processes but it cannot give multiple versions of the best software.
- For multiple QuickBooks desktop versions, you may just install the server manager in chronological order from oldest to newest order of each version.
- All Windows files can only be opened if you have access to control panel and also the Windows then it is easily recorded as QuickBooks DBXX, where the XX shows the number of adaptations (For example: ”27″ is for QuickBooks desktop 2018 and “28” just for QuickBooks 2019).
- A user is included when the QuickBooks database server manager is just installed. (For example: QBDataServiceUser28 for 2018 and QBDataServiceUsers27 just for 2017).
Also Read: QuickBooks File Doctor
How To Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
- Firstly, just open the QuickBooks installer and simply start the easy installation process.
- In this second step, if your system has a good and high-speed net connection, then simply download the upload file and just click OK button. And in case you have a very poor net connection, then this situation just clicks No followed by clicking on Next.
- In this step, if any program is open, just close all of them and simply click on the Next button.
- Now just go through all the important terms of the Software License agreements. And simply tick mark if you agree to all terms and conditions.
- Then simply choose the Network or Custom Options.
- Now just select a type of installation:-
Choose: ‘I’ll be utilizing QuickBooks on this computer and I’ll be putting away; so if you are very interested in running all the program on this particular system only.’
Choose: ‘I won’t utilize QuickBooks on this computer if you are only interested in storing all type of data on this particular system’
- Now simply select YES, and then permit get to.
- Then just type your Product Number or License Number.
- In this step, to complete the installation and with this, you can follow all the on-screen important guidelines.
- And finally, if the installation is done, then don’t wait further and just start the Database Server Manager process.
How To Update QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
After you have successfully installed the QB database server manager on your system, so now it is time to just update the database server. It is extremely important to update the QB database server manager regularly when a new year best QuickBooks software is just released and installed on the desktop. So here follow the easy and instant procedure to update:-
- Firstly, every user needs to download the fix from the Update QuickBooks Desktop.
NOTE: – The fix for the workstation and the fix for the server are the same.
- First, after the installation complete, so at that point, every user has to reboot their server.
- In the second step, after the server has been simply updated on the workstation then every user will receive one message: ‘just Update the company file to make it work with this great adaptation of QuickBooks Desktop.’
- Then, every user needs to make a backup because there are some chances that the software will make changes after the update.
- And finally, if the user strongly follows all easy updating procedure, then they will be capable to open the company file.
How To Setup QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
- First, simply open QuickBooks database server manager and just fully scan the files/folders that have to be configured for multi-user access.
- Next, just scan the company files on the server and make sure all files are perfectly configured to give multiple user access.
- Now in this step just to include a ‘new company file’ to the server, and you can use the ‘Monitored Drives feature’ and always keep the ‘Database Server Manager Updated.’
- Next, you have to make sure that ‘company files’ are just connected to the server and the users are easily logged into ‘company files.’
- Now in this step, if you want to change the service status, so you can simply use the ‘Service Administrative Tool’ and then configure the service.
- And finally, use the ‘updates’ option and just download the latest QuickBooks Database server updates.
Uses of QuickBooks Database Server Manager
QB database server manager is a device that you can easily use to configure for multi-user access. And you can easily use this device to perform the following functions:-
- Always keep track of your all local hard-drives and simply configure new company files.
Use Of QuickBooks DB Server Manager Features:-
- Discover how many company files are just connected.
- And always keep track of how many users are logged in.
- When your service is simply running, then you can also keep easily track of its status.
Some System Feature:-
- First, just open the start menu.
- Then click on Programs.
- Now simply click on QuickBooks, and choose the QB Database Server Manager.
- Then choose System.
- And finally, you will be capable to review your all system information. Also, you can know the location of the Database server.
How To Open QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
- First, just go to the Start Menu.
- And the choose Programs.
- Now simply click on QuickBooks, and choose the “QB Database Server Manager”.
How To Scan Folders?
- In the first step, open the QuickBooks Database Manager.
- Then click on just Scan Folders.
- Now you can also scan a complete local drive if you aren’t confirmed of the exact location of your company files.
- Now finally, simply click on Scan.
Also Read: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Advantages Of QuickBooks Database Manager
Have a look at the advantages given by the QuickBooks database manager:-
- Local store or local drive can be easily and quickly analyze to connect with the best and latest version of QuickBooks and also updated company file.
- And you can easily scan on the particular company file.
This is how you easily install, update, and set up the QuickBooks database server manager. That all for this guide. The article provides complete and comprehensive information about the QB database server manager. And we hope that this post will definitely help you to learn all process of QuickBooks server manager.