QuickBooks is a well-known and much-preferred accounting software. With this software accounting work is getting easy day by day so small and medium-sized business owners to find this software very useful. If you are using QuickBooks then you must know about QuickBooks Database Server manager or must have some idea about it. So we are to help you that how can you use QuickBooks Database Server Manager and how you can install it on your desktop.
QuickBooks Database Server Manager Introduction :
QuickBooks Database Server Manager is the most important tool provided by Intuit. It is also called Intuit’s personnel database manager tool. This tool helps to make it easy for its users to create data for company files saved on the host system or the host workstation. In case the user wants to use multiple QuickBooks versions then the user should install this important tool. It is necessary to install this tool if you want to use multi-user mode as it is not possible to use multi-user mode without this tool.
Further in this article, we will discuss how to install and update and set up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Facts you should know about the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- The QuickBooks Database Server Manager will develop a network data file and stores the company file in the host computer. In case you need to use multiple QuickBooks Desktop version.
- If you are thinking to install and use multiple versions of QuickBooks Database Server Manager then it will provide you multiple processes that you can access. Still, it cannot provide multiple versions of the software.
- If you need multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop, then you have to Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager in chronological order (From Oldest to latest version).
- You should know that the year’s database services will run in the background when the server work for each year. You should make sure that services of the windows interface that you can access by the windows and the control panel, then this service is mentioned in the QuickBooks DBXX, here the XX shows the number of versions.
- You can add one user in each of the QuickBooks versions when the installation of QuickBooks Database Server Manager finished.
Steps to download and Install QDSM:
Here we will discuss how you can download the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. We have mentioned all the steps you should follow to download this tool:
- So first of all you need to double click on the installer and the start with installation Wizard.
- If you have an internet connection then download and update with the Next click. In that case, if you don’t have an internet connection then click on No and then click on next.
- Now you need to close your all program running currently and click on Next.
- In this step, you need to read all the Terms of the Software license agreement and if you agree with the terms and conditions then Choose I Agree and then click on Next.
- Now click on Custom or Network Options.
- After click on the installation type:
- If you need to run the program on your computer then choose the option “I will be using QuickBooks on this computer and I will be keeping”.
- If you will only store the QuickBooks Information on this computer You need to choose an option I will not be using QuickBooks on this computer.
- You need to click on Yes and then need to click on Allow.
- Now enter your License Number and Product Number.
- To complete the Installation process follows all the instructions showing on the screen.
- When Installation will be completed, you need to Update the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Now you have to set your firewall permissions.
- Lastly, you need to Update the Database Server Manager.
Follow Steps to Set Up QDSM:
We will learn here that how to set up this tool, we have mentioned all the steps below:
- Open QuickBooks Database Server Manager and scan the file which you want to use for multi-user access.
- Then scan the company file on the server and ensure that the files should be configured properly to give them access to multiple users. In this step you will have to follow the below steps:
- Click on the Start button, then press on the All program option as well as QuickBooks Folder.
- Then scan the folder.
- When you Scan and verify the folders that save the QuickBooks company file. If you forgot the file location then you have to scan the complete disk.
- After then you need to press on StartScan/ Scan Button to start the scanning process.
- Once the scanning process completed, then the other user will be able to open the Company file remotely.
- Now if you need to Add new company files to the server then the user will be able to use the Monitored delivers feature and save the database server manager.
- Go to the Start Button, then click on Program.
- Then you need to Click On the QuickBooks and QuickBooks Database server manager.
- If you want all the local drives to get monitored for the company file, especially the added, renamed, removed one then click on the select option.
- You need to make sure that all systems are connected to the server and logged in to company files.
- If you want to change the status of the service then click on the Service administrator tool and start to configure the service.
- The last step of this process is to use the update feature and then download and the latest update to the QuickBooks Server.
- For these steps, you need to click on the start button and then press on Program option.
- After that, you need to click on the QuickBooks and QB Database Manager
- Then you have to click on Update.
- Now Install updated with the following instructions showing on the screen.
Follow Steps to configure the QuickBooks Database Server Manager:
We are going to discuss here how to configure this tool in your system, Mentioned all steps for your quick reference:
- You need to open the windows start menu first.
- Then type the services option into the search bar and open it.
- After that open QuickBooks DBXX (XX means version number).
- After that go to the general tab and look for the service status section, In case it is currently running then press on Stop.
- In the next step select the automatic option from the startup menu.
- Then come to the logon tab and select the local system account.
- In the next step go to the recovery option and select the restart the service option each of these drop-down lists: First failure, second failure, and so on.
- Lastly, you need to go back to the general Tab and then Restart the Database server manager.
We hope that you understand all the processes of Download, Install, and setting up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. Now you can configure this useful tool by yourself. You need to just read out all the article thoroughly and try to understand the complete process. If you are willing to use QuickBooks on multi-user mode then it is necessary to install this tool. It is very easy to use. We have mentioned here some interesting facts about this tool.