QuickBooks company file is one of the most important and also beneficial for bookkeeping used with an excellent extension .qbw to mark it as the working file for your organization or business. And it always helps to store templates, letters, logos, financial data, as well as images for your company. It also easily manages all company filings and any type of income tax return filing. Whenever you open your company file in QuickBooks small business accounting software, the changes made to the file is constantly being saved to the .qbw file type situated on your computer.
Location Of The Company File In QuickBooks
So if you are just looking for an area where you can easily find your company files stored in QuickBooks? Then simply follow the below mentioned easy steps:-
- Firstly, just click on QuickBooks. And then simply click on start then all programs. And choose the QuickBooks folder.
- Now simply click the company file on the QuickBooks start-up screen.
- In this step, using Ctrl + 1, and you can launch the product information window.
- Finally, have a look at all file data or Information for the directory path consisting of the QuickBooks.QBW file.
Steps To Restore a QuickBooks Company File From a Local Backup?
So if you lost your QuickBooks company file? Then don’t worry about it because here we have some simple and instant steps to easily and quickly restore a QuickBooks company File from a local backup:-
- First, simply go to the File menu. And then just select either open or restore company options.
- Then just click on restore a backup copy and then simply choose next now.
- In this step, just choose local backup and again simply click on Next.
- Now, from the drop-down menu, you have to simply choose the location of the backup file.
- And after choosing the backup file from the folder, the file name should seem as [company name].qbb.
- Now simply tap your mouse and just click on open and then choose next.
- Now in this step, in the drop-down, simply choose the location where you want to save your restored file.
- And then just type a new file name in the file name area or field.
- Now just save it.
- And finally, read and respond carefully to any messages arriving before the restoration begins.
If you still face any type of issues or errors in restoring a backup company file, then you can easily contact our QuickBooks help team using our QuickBooks technical phone number +1-888-461-1344. Our team is always available and happy to hear from you.
Solve Data Damage On Your QuickBooks Company File
Data damage is one of the most major issues or problems with any accounting software like QuickBooks or any other software. It is most important to solve such data issue or error in order to continue other important work. So to recover all QuickBooks data or information, you can simply follow these steps which are given below for Windows.
Some important things always keep in your mind before proceeding with data recovery:-
- Wherever the real or actual company file is simply stored just run the rebuild and always verify utilities on the same system.
- And after this, the rebuild utility will just make a backup of that file. And then you can simply save the file wherever you want.
So there are simply too easy and instant steps below to easily fix the problem:-
Step 1: Simply Run The Rebuild Utility
- Firstly, go to the File menu, and then just click utilities and then just click on rebuild data.
- Then simply click the ok button to easily back up the data of the company file.
- Be patient: sometimes the system just displays the message that the QuickBooks is not responding properly, so in that case, simply have patience and simply wait for it to complete.
- Now finally, click on the OK button after receiving the message that “rebuild has completed and proceed with the next step. ”
Step 2: Run the Verify Utility
- In the first step, in the File menu, simply clicks on the utilities and then just click on the verify data.
- And when you just get a message saying “QuickBooks detected no problem with your data” so now click the OK button. And then you might capable of easily access your company file.
- Now in this step, you will just get the prompt to rebuild now or view errors and if verify utility found any error or issue with data.
- And then simply click on the close button, and just follow the steps which are given below:-
- In the first step, simply find the QuickBooks.log or QBWIN.log files.
- Now, in the opened file search by just pressing the Ctrl+F key for the begin verify.
- And then simply search the line that has the LVL_ERROR and simply copy this to the QuickBooks help window. And now you will also see that there is a data damage top LVL errors library.
- And in the end, just follow these steps to easily resolve the error or issue.
How To Easily Repair a QuickBooks Company File?
So for easily repair a QuickBooks company file, we have two methods, so you can either go for a manual method or just use free tools for doing this.
Manual method: Simply Verify And Rebuild Data
- In the first step, simply open the data file in order to log-in as an admin.
- And then by simply selecting the single-user mode, you can just receive data verification. And for that simply click on File -> Utilities -> Verify Data.
- In this step, simply create a local copy of the data file forming the server.
- And then just activate the temporary hosting on the machine where it is copied and then simply open the file and log-in as admin.
- In the last step, simply click on File-> Utilities -> Rebuild Data.
Use Free Tools
To easily repair a QuickBooks company file use the manual method is nice but also it takes a lot of time to complete. So a better approach could be to use a free tool to easily and quickly repair the QuickBooks company data file. Here we have given you some popular QB company file repair tools.
Re-registers the different QuickBooks related components with Microsoft Windows.
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks install diagnostic tool always identifies and repairs many types of errors or problems. And the .NET framework is the main focus of this.
It fixes all errors or any type of problems that prevent QuickBooks from running.
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks file doctor tool easily fixes several types of file and data corruption, network setup problem, and also Windows setup problems.
We hope you understand all about the QuickBooks company file like the Location of the company file, how we can store it, Free tool to repair it. We have explained here all the things in very simple language so that you will not face any issue while reading this article.