While working with QuickBooks accounting software, you can come across unexpected QuickBooks error 99001. And there are many of the questions that may always appear on your mind adding what is QuickBooks error code 990001? And how does it exactly error? What are its some causes? With this, how to easily fix or resolve this error?
So now don’t worry about it!! Because in this guide, our QuickBooks support amazing team going to highlight all your queries related to this QuickBooks error 99001. Now don’t waste your time and just come with us……
What is the QuickBooks Error 99001?
At times while you simply opening your QuickBooks company file, then you may get one of the following symptoms which are just given below:-
- “QB error 99001” arrives and also affects all the active program window in your system.
- Your system constantly crashes with this QB error 99001 when you simply running the same program.
- “Quickbooks error 99001” is just displayed.
- Your system windows are just running sluggishly and respond slowly to keyboard or mouse input.
- And your system regularly “stops or freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
These QuickBooks 99001 error messages can always appear during program installation. When Intuit QuickBooks software is simply running and during Windows startup or shutdown, or during the installation of the Windows operating system (OS), this error occurs. Keeping track of when and where your QuickBooks 99001 error happens is the most important piece of information in just troubleshooting the issue.
How does QuickBooks Error Code 99001 Exactly Appear?
The following message simply appears when unexpected and heavy QuickBooks error 99001 happens on your system:-
‘QuickBooks software is incapable to simply open this company file. It may have been just opened by another user. Error: -99001, -6073 QuickBooks is incapable to simply open your company file’.
Causes of Quickbooks Error 99001
Runtime errors such as the QuickBooks error 99001 critical error can be simply caused by a mixture of factors. So it is highly recommended by our QuickBooks error support team to just troubleshoot every possible cause of the error to stop it from reoccurring in the future. And listed below are some causes of QuickBooks error 99001 runtime error:-
- The file is simply open on a different device in a single user mode.
- And the file is just located in a read-only network folder.
- The files are simply hosted on a Linux server and are using many sets of login credentials to just log in to the shared folder.
- With this, the file is being simply obtained using a remote software (GoToMyPC, LogMeIn, etc.) and the host computer still observes that the user is still signed in.
Effects of QuickBooks Error Code 99001
Here simply listed below are some of the effects that error code 99001 runtime error can have on your QuickBooks related files or system:-
- This unexpected error message pops up and hits the active program window in your system.
- The system where QuickBooks software is simply installed usually crashes when just running the same program.
- All windows respond and run very slowly.
- With this, your system just stops working for a few seconds from time to time.
Easy Steps to Easily Fix QuickBooks Error 99001
Solution One:- simply Use the QuickBooks File Doctor
Simply download and just run the QuickBooks file doctor. This is the most important so please do this carefully. If this method doesn’t help, then simply move on to the next easy and instant solution. But this one is the easiest as here the only thing you have to do is to simply install the file and then just try to run it.
Solution Two:- Manually Fix the QuickBooks Error 99001
If the company file is simply open in single user mode in the different workstation.
- In the first step, simply exit QuickBooks desktop in all devices.
- After that, just open the company file on the host device.
- And then, just visit the file menu, then simply choose the switch to multi-user mode.
- At last, in case you are simply getting the same issue, then just reboot all workstations.
And if the company file is just open in single user mode on the host computer.
- First, simply visit the file menu, and then simply choose the close company.
- And then just re-open the company file. After that simply visit the file menu, then just click on the open or restore company.
- In this step, simply choose the open a company file, then select the next.
- And now, just apply your company file.
- And finally, just click on the open file in multi-user mode, then simply click on the open.
If your company file is simply located in a read-only network folder.
- In the very first step, just visit the system that is hosting your company file.
- And after that, simply open the folder where your company file is just saved.
- In the third step, simply right-click on the folder, then just choose the properties.
- After that, just visit the security tab.
- And in this process or step, choose the user that is having problems to log in, then click on the edit option.
- Now, simply check to allow for full control.
- And at last, just click on the apply button, then click on the OK button.
In case the system is being simply accessed remotely through the GoToMyPC, LogMeIn, etc.
- First, simply right-click on the taskbar, then just click on the task manager option.
- And in the second step, just visit the processes tab. After that, simply check if there are running processes under the name of the user that you are having problems with.
- And finally, if there are processes under that user, so in that case, simply restart your system.
In case you are just incapable of easily fix or solve this QuickBooks error 99001 by using the above easy and instant solutions. So that case, you can just contact our QuickBooks enterprise support team at QuickBooks online support toll-free number 1-844-541-7444. With this, you can also simply contact our technical specialists and ask any type of queries related to this type of errors. They are always ready to easily fix their customers issues or errors.
We hope this easy guide helps you in solving queries related to QuickBooks error code 99001.