If you want to update QuickBooks Desktop then you can do it automatically or manually in both ways. To do it automatically you need to turn on the Automatic updates then QuickBooks will start automatically download and install the latest updates when they are launched. And if you are thinking to do it by yourself then first you need to check for the update at least once a month.
We have mentioned below how to Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release so be here till the end.
How to check if you have the latest release
Note: you will get minor changes by updating the latest version. So you no need to update your company file.
- You need to open QuickBooks Desktop first.
- Then you have to press F2 or Ctrl+1 to open the product detail window.
- Here you can check the current version and release.
How to Set up for automatic updates
- From the Help Menu, you need to select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then you have to go to the Update Now tab. Tip: If you want then you can choose the Reset Update checkbox to remove all the existing update downloads.
- To getting started with the downloading process you need to select Get Updated.
- Once you have done with the download then restart the QuickBooks.
- When Prompted then you need to accept the option to install the new version.
How to Schedule future automatic updates
If you are not ready to download updates at this time then you can schedule them to download later on.
- First, you go to the Help menu and then choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then you need to go to the Options.
- Then press on Yes to turn on automatic updates. Tip: If you are looking to share automatic downloads with another computer on your network, then you need to select Yes for each computer.
- Then finally select close.
QuickBooks will start automatically download the update when they released.
How to Do manual update QuickBooks Desktop
First, you need to download the latest updates:
- First of all, you need to close your company files and QuickBooks.
- Then you have to open the Windows Start menu.
- Then search for QuickBooks Desktop. And then you have to right-click on the icon and then select Run as administrator.
- Now go to the Help menu when you are on the No Company Open screen and then choose to Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then you have to go to the Options tab and then select Mark All and then choose Save.
- Now You have to go to the Update Now and then select the Reset Update checkbox.
- Then when you are ready then you need to select Get Updates.
When the update process has completed then close it and reopen QuickBooks Desktop. To start the installation process of updates press Yes.
When the installation process completed then restart your computer.
If you are using the Payroll subscription Then you should download the latest version of the Payroll tax table so you can process payroll in QuickBooks Desktop. Remember that your payroll subscription should be activated.
To install the updated manually on your network you need to access the install file saved in your computer from another computer or you can copy it to a flash drive and transfer it to another computer.
We have discussed above how to Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release with complete detail. We hope that you would like the article and read it thoroughly to get an advantage of it.