Hey Guys!! Have you ever worried about this heavy QuickBooks error 6177? Have you always face this QuickBooks error while you simply using the QuickBooks accounting software? And want easy and instant solutions to just fix this error? Still, if you do not get the simple solution to easily resolve this error so then don’t worry about it. Because here in this ultimate guide, we provide you the best and complete knowledge about this error. Such as what is an error, its cause, its effects, how to easily fix it, and many more things.
So as we all know that the QuickBooks is the most powerful accounting solution program that always satisfies all your accounting needs at the same time. With this, sometimes this amazing accounting software faces some issues and bugs. And QuickBooks error code 6177 is one of the issues that can interrupt your workflow.
This heavy error also comes under the 6000 80 error series in the QuickBooks software. And also it is pretty similar to the QuickBooks error code 6176 and QuickBooks error code 6190. When the error happens in your QuickBooks accounting software, it just comes with an error message that says:
QuickBooks error code 6177: QuickBooks is trying to open this company file.
What is a QuickBooks Error 6177?
When you simply use QuickBooks accounting software, you have to just use your user id and password. And your complete inputs are simply secured and saved automatically with the new or unique id and password. But when you just trying to open any file in a fixed location in QuickBooks software, so that case it is possible sometimes that the file may not open easily. Your system just may not find it. And due to some of the problems, the software may be incapable to simply open the wanted file. This condition of not being capable to just open any file may be caused by a heavy error called QuickBooks error code 6177.
What causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6177?
It is one of the facts that the way QuickBooks software works is always different from the way your system works. So, as they change in technical features, in that case, QuickBooks may be incapable to easily locate and simply open the wanted file. Also, it is incapable to just open it in a wanted manner.
And the main reason that can result in QuickBooks error code 6177 is simply appearing on your system screen is that your QuickBooks software just fails to use the path which is required to simply open the QuickBooks company file. So here are some other reasons for this QuickBooks error. And the reasons are as follows:-
- QuickBooks company file is just damaged.
- And second is, the company file has got corrupted.
- There is a heavy virus in the system or the system that is simply affected by some other malware.
- Some of the QuickBooks related system files have got simply deleted.
Also Read:- QuickBooks Error 15270
Some Effects of QuickBooks Error 6177
So the main effect of the QuickBooks error code 6177 is that the file would not just open. Your QuickBooks software simply fails many times to find ways to just open it when needed. And some of the other effects are as follows:-
- QB user is incapable to simply open the company file.
- QuickBooks error 6177 message arrives on the system screen.
- QuickBooks accounting software just freezes frequently.
- The QuickBooks program window simply fails or crashes again and again.
- Your system just runs sluggishly and responds very slowly to keyboard or mouse input.
- Windows just freezes repeatedly for a few seconds at a time.
- A QuickBooks user simply finds that their system is crashing again and again.
Easy Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6177
Method One:- Simply Transfer Company File to Hard Drive
- In the first step, just go to the company file and then go to the C: drive through the server.
- After that, you have to simply open the company file using QuickBooks software.
- Now, just create a portable file and simply save it in the local C drive.
- And then, simply close the company file and just restore the portable file by saving it to the server.
- Finally, simply choose your company file and then just access it from your server.
Method Two:- Just Run QuickBooks File Doctor
So in this easy second method, you can also easily download and use QuickBooks file doctor to just fix the QuickBooks error 6177. And this amazing tool analyses and rectify the many QuickBooks related errors or issues.
Method Three:- Manually Fix/Resolve QuickBooks Error 6177
- In the very first step, always ensure that all QuickBooks related files are simply closed.
- After completing the first step, you have to just delete the automatically generated network descriptor file.
- And then, just open the particular folder including the company file, and after that simply search for the file having.ND extension.
- Now, simply make a right-click on the ND file and then just choose the delete option.
- Then, just arrange the QuickBooks database manager:-
- First, simply click on the start menu and then just select the program option.
- And after that, just go to the QuickBooks software and then simply click on the QuickBooks database server manager.
- Now, for Windows 8 users, just press the Windows key, and after that search for QuickBooks database manager and simply click on it.
- And in this step, just click the option of add folder.
- Now, simply click on the option to scan.
- And then, once the scanning is complete, then just close the window.
- So next, simply follow these easy steps to just check whether you have sufficient permissions to access the file:-
- Firstly, simply for sharing the files, you have to just visit set up folder permissions webpage and make sure one thing that the permissions are simply set correctly.
- Second is, if you just want to set permission for QuickBooks software, so that case simply clears all the options and then choose the QuickBooks.
- And now, just open the QuickBooks company file through the local path.
- Then, files simply opened on the hosting system can lead to QuickBooks error 6177 therefore, you have to make sure that the company file is just located on the network:-
- So, just open my computer and then if you simply find your file in network locations or network devices. Then simply right-click on it and select the properties option.
- And after that, just access company files through the hard drive.
- Now, simply make different folder:-
- Firstly, press Windows + E to open simply my computer.
- And then, just double-click on C drive and simply create a new folder.
- At last, simply access the new data folder and just copy the company files in the created new folder.
Method Fourth-: Updating QuickBooks desktop
The latest version of updating QuickBooks desktop is important, in order to maintain compatibility with the operating system, and avoid various bugs that might hinder the way. Every new version of QuickBooks brings in various solutions to certain errors and also some amazing features. The user can either update the software manually or automatically, These all are depending upon the situation. So, it is recommended to update the QuickBooks desktop always to its latest version.
Updating the file Location
Keeping company file on the server, or an external hard drive, or cloud, and requires a change in the location. The following steps can be used to move to the local drive and then back to where it was.
Moving company file
- The user should perform the below-stated steps on the server computer. In case the user is not having access to the same, it is not a big deal. These following steps can also be carried out in one of the workstations as well.
- Open the windows start menu on either the server computer or workstation.
- Once it has done with that, the user is required to type in file explorer in the search bar, followed by opening the file explorer.
- The user is required to look for and open the QuickBooks folder. The user can also press F2, while QuickBooks is open to get the location.
- Now look for the company file that ends with QuickBooks windows. This should seem company file name .qbw.
- The last step in the process is to move the company file from the folder to C drive and then move the file and not to the entire folder.
In Bottom Line
Hopefully, we have discussed many solutions that will help you to fix the QuickBooks error 6177. And You can easily fix QuickBooks error 6177 to follow these above steps.