Have you ever worried about this unexpected QuickBooks error 6123? And want to get rid of this error? Then now don’t worry about this QuickBooks error code because here in this guide we will discuss each and everything about this error. Such as its causes and also discuss its easy solutions to fix this error code 6123.
One thing that everyone knows that, there can be many of the issues and errors that might happen while you simply using the QuickBooks accounting software or desktop, some are very easy to fix and some might be quite difficult. And QuickBooks error 6123 is one such error that might be a little bit difficult to resolve. However in this ultimate guide we will definitely try to make it easy for you.
As we all know that the QuickBooks software always helps to register all the transactional reports and also all the data between different companies. And while just upgrading a company file to QuickBooks software, restoring a backup or opening a company file from a network server, in such type of cases, you may face this QuickBooks error code 6123. And you may be simply incapable to just restore the backup.
What is a QuickBooks Error 6123?
In some of the cases, the QuickBooks user simply tries to just restore QuickBooks company file in QuickBooks software from the multi-network server or from the hard disk. And this is when the QuickBooks user or customers just gets this error 6123 that halts the work.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6123
- Just restoring a QuickBooks company file from an external storage device.
- Some of the disrupted network connections from the host server.
- Some corrupted QuickBooks company data file.
- Firewall settings simply and always interrupting the QuickBooks software to open the company file.
- McAfee antivirus service is just installed on your devices such as a computer or a laptop. And it interferes with QuickBooks desktop services.
- And damaged Windows.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 6123
Situation One:- While Simply Upgrading to a New Version of QuickBooks
So, in case you are experiencing QuickBooks error 6123 while when you simply upgrading from QuickBooks desktop 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 document to QuickBooks desktop 2016, 2017, or 2018, so, in that case, you can just try these steps:-
- First of all, simply run the QuickBooks file doctor. Many of the times this amazing tool automatically resolves issues with the QuickBooks company file.
- Now, if you were using QuickBooks 2009, 2010, 2011 or 2012 earlier, then you should simply reopen your QB company file in that version before just opening the company file in the new and upgraded version.
- Then, if the file just fails to upgrade, so, in that case, simply make a portable copy of the QuickBooks company file in the previous version.
- At last, just open the portable copy of the QB company file in the new and latest version of QuickBooks accounting software.
Situation Two:- While Just Opening the Company File in QuickBooks Software
- First, make sure your QuickBooks accounting software is simply updated to the new and latest release.
- After that, simply move the company file to a new location and just try to reopen it.
- And then, just run the amazing QuickBooks file doctor tool on the affected file.
- Now, simply restart your system and then just try to open the file again.
If you are using QuickBooks accounting software with a single user, so, in that case, simply try these steps:-
- In the very first step, just open the folder where the company file is simply located.
- After completing the first step, simply right click on the files that end with.ND &.TLG. And then just rename it by including .OLD at the end of the file name.
- Then, simply open the QuickBooks desktop company file.
- In this step, make sure that the folder permissions are set properly and correctly.
- Now, just move the company file to a new and latest folder and then simply reopen the file.
Note:- In any case the above steps do not help you to simply fix the QuickBooks error 6123. So then, you can just restore them.ADR (auto data recovery) copy of the QuickBooks company file. And you can also try to simply create a new & latest Windows user and just try to reopen the company file.
And, when you are using QuickBooks software with multiple users, then follow these steps:-
- First of all, just rename.ND and.TLG file, in the same manner, which is simply mentioned previously.
- Now, simply use the excellent QuickBooks database server manager tool and then just rescan the folder where the QuickBooks company files are simply located.
- After that, simply go to the Windows task manager option.
- And then, just right click on the “QBDBMgrN.exe” and then simply click on the end task button.
- Now, simply go to the services.MSc and after that just restart the QBDBMGRN service.
- And finally, make sure that your antivirus is not simply set to block the QuickBooks software.
In Bottom Line
So in this blog, we talked about the QuickBooks error 6123 that is encounter using QuickBooks accounting software in multi-user mode. And we discuss all the major reasons for this uncertain QuickBooks error code and also some of the easy and possible solutions that might help you to fix this error.
Also Read:- QuickBooks Error 15311