QuickBooks Desktop is the most important and useful accounting software as you will get so many features and tools with this accounting software which will help you to maintain invoices, bills, payroll, profit & Loss, etc. Also, you will get the feature to Reset Accounts For Bank Feeds Access which is one of the most important features in QuickBooks. With the help of this feature, you can manage your bank account and transaction that you have made directly from QuickBooks software.
However, there may be some situations where you have to re-band or reset an account with Quickbooks bank Feeds access to solving some banking issues like bank feed error or unexpected result.
In this article, we will discuss all the steps to re-brand or reset accounts for bank feeds access in QuickBooks Desktop. Always remember that before moving to the solution make sure that you have saved all your data of your QuickBooks company file.
Solution 1: How to Re-brand Online Banking Files
You can see that the financial institution’s directory automatically updated in QuickBooks Desktop when you send and receive transactions from the Bank feeds Center.
Solution 2: How to Deactivate, Create New, Merge, Reactivate
Here we will let you that how you can reset your account for online access to check the possible account issues:
- First, you need to deactivate the bank feed for an account.
- Now you need to create a new bank account.
- Go to the main menu and click on List- Chart of Accounts.
- Then right-click anywhere on the Chart of Account screen and then go to New from the drop-down option.
- For the Account Type, you need to select the Bank.
- Now Enter the bank name in the account name field.
- Then save it and close.
- Then you need to merge two or more accounts by changing their name of the previous account with the new account name.
- You need to right-click on the old account and then go to Edit.
- Then you need to enter the new account’ name in the Account name field.
- Now click on Yes to the warning message showing on the screen.
- Now you can set up the merged account for Bank Feeds in QuickBooks.
Solution 3: How to Create a dummy company file for testing online transaction downloads
- You need to go to the main menu and then go to File and then select New Company.
- Then you need to select Express Start.
- Now you need to add the bank account that was facing an error to the Chart of Account on the newly made tet company.
- Then Set up the account for Bank feeds.
- Now test the account by downloading bank feed transactions.
If transactions download in the new file: If the previous or original account is damaged then you need to fix the data damage on your company file.
If you are facing the same problem in the new file: Then you should contact your financial institution to connect with your Financial Institution for help.
Here we have discussed that how you can Re-brand or reset accounts for Bank Feeds access in QuickBooks Desktop. We hope that you have read this article and understand all the steps. Now you can enjoy this feature on your QuickBooks Desktop.