One of the most frequent errors that many users face in QuickBooks is QuickBooks installation error 1334. If you disturbed by QuickBooks error 1334 then you will get an error message that says error 1334. And this file won’t be installed on any device. Then, you need to insert the QuickBooks CD and retry.
If you are suffering from error 1334 QuickBooks then the current running program can get crashed. And your computer responds very slowly. Then, you’ll get QuickBooks error 1334 during some stage like program installation, windows start-up, or shutdown. Due to this error, the program gets crashed and windows respond slow and freeze frequently. Then, you will have to need to resolve the error 1334. To get rid of this type of error we have mentioned below some solutions to fix it and perform your system better.
Causes to find QuickBooks Installation Error 1334
QuickBooks error code 1334 is a run time error. It can be caused by a number of factors so, it is important that you troubleshoot all of the possible causes to prevent it from occurring again.
- Damaged or corrupt Microsoft. NET Framework.
- Corrupt or damaged the QuickBooks Desktop installation file.
- Windows registry will show an error.
- Windows will be infected with a malicious infection.
- Unfinished or incomplete installation of QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Incorrect the company file extension.
Note:- A damaged or missing QuickBooks Desktop installation file or corrupted. The NET framework may cause the following error messages while installing, repairing, or updating the QuickBooks Desktop.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1334
- During Windows startup or shutdown
- 1334 error message can appear during program installation
- Your computer freezes for a new second at a time.
- Windows responds slowly to a mouse or keyboard input click.
- The QuickBooks error 1334 appears and crashes the active program window.
- QuickBooks is running
- QuickBooks error 1334 is displayed.
- Your PC will crash with the error 1334.
- Only the windows program will be run.
Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error code 1334
Issue 1: If QuickBooks error 1334 appeared while installing or opening QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks company file with extension .qbw
- Double click on the company file name (company file name .qbw)
Issue 2: If the error appeared when updating or opening QuickBooks
You can install or reinstall QuickBooks by using the clean install tool. If you want to perform this step, it is essential that you first uninstall the accounting software completely. This process will uninstall the corrupt company file after which you will be able to perform a clean install ad. When you will install it back you will everything back up and updated.
Issue 3: QuickBooks error 1334 appeared when installing QuickBooks
If this error appeared while installing this software, you will have to reinstall and repair Microsoft.Net
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 1334
There are many solutions that can be caused to get rid of error 1334. You are able to resolve this type of error using these steps. Try to use these steps one by one carefully to avoid this error.
Solution 1: If you get an error code when launching or opening QuickBooks
- If you want to solve this error, You have to find and open the QuickBooks company file.
- When the company file is open, then go to the file extension .qbw.
- Double click on the company .qbw file.
Solution 2. Clean the installation of windows
Try to solve your Error 1334 issue. Reinstalling Windows will erase all the data from the hard drive, allowing you to start again with a new system. Then clean install of windows will immediately clean out all the junk file that has accumulated over the normal usage of your desktop.
Solution 3: Add/remove programs
- Start the menu type MSConfig
- Select the Boot Tab
- Select safe boot, under the boot option, and then network.
- Click on the ok button and select restart.
- If your computer will restart, then your computer will be in safe mode.
- The programs you select to run will startup.
- This program will give you the opportunity to open QuickBooks without the conflict happening.
- Open the QuickBooks software
- When QuickBooks is open then click on the help
- Select and updated the QuickBooks, and allow QB to run the required updates.
- Go back to start options and type MSCONFIG, once finished.
- You need to Deselect the safe mode under the boot tab
- And then Restart your computer
- Now just Open QuickBooks, once it reboots in normal mode and installs updates when prompted.
- If the problem has been solved once then the updates are finished.
Solution 4: Advanced solution
- First, you have to start the computer, and then login as an administrator.
- You need to select Programs and accessories, system tools, then select restore.
- Select Restore mu PC with an earlier date, in a new window, and then click on next.
- Select a restoration point list and then click the next option.
- Select and choose the latest system restore date inside the verification screen.
- When the repair is ended, Restart your desktop
We have mentioned above the steps for QuickBooks error 1334. These solutions will help in resolving the error. If you have to deal again with error message 1334, download the new QuickBooks desktop installation file and run it for performing a fresh installation. This new installation will remove any errors caused by the corrupt setup file.