If you are looking for how you can update business or contact names on your account in QuickBooks Desktop then read this article thoroughly. We have explained all the steps of updating your account name, legal business name, and address for QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Standard, Basic, Enhanced, and Assisted.
If you’re using QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Standard, Basic, or Enhanced
Steps to Update your account name for your Intuit account
When you purchase and sign up for any Intuit product or service at that time your account name linked to your account. In your Intuit account has saved your business Information such as your EIN and QuickBooks subscription. Below we have mentioned the steps to manage your intuit account in CAMPS.
- First, you need to copy the Business Name Change template from your email and fill this out and you need to include the statements at the bottom.
- You need to attach below supporting documents:
- Current photo ID: it should be a State-issued ID, driver’s license, or passport.
- You need to attach payment proof against the product like a bank statement that shows the subscription payment, the account number, and your name.
- For confirmation, you should send an e-mail to QBG-CSGroup@intuit.com
- Now you will get a confirmation email of the update within 3-5 business days.
Business Name Change Template
Below is the Business name change template that you need to fill to update your account:
Customer A/C Number:_____________________________________
Business Phone No.:_______________________________________
Business’s Former Name (as it currently appears on your Intuit Account):
New Business Name (100-character maximum):
Reason to Change
New “Doing Business As” Mention Name for existing business
Want to Change in Corporate Ownership
Dissolution or Bankruptcy
If Other (Please Describe)
Your Contact Information (in case we need to contact you)
Your Name: _______________________________________
Your Email Address: _______________________________
Your Business Phone Number: _______________________
If you will submit this form then you will represent that: 1) you are authorized now to represent the business you have listed above. 2) all the information that you have mentioned in the above form is true and correct. 3) you are giving permission to intuit to update your business name within the existing account as you have filled in the above form and for reason that you have provided.
We have mentioned below the steps to Update your legal business name and address in QuickBooks Desktop:
- First of all, you need to go to the top menu and select Company and then My Company.
- Then you need to select Pencil Icon and then select Legal information.
- Now you need to Enter the newly legal business name/ address and then select OK.
If you’re using Direct Deposit to pay your employees, then you should follow these additional steps before your next payroll:
- You need to select Employee from the top and then select Send payroll data.
- Then you have to verify that there is no due payroll transaction to complete.
- Then select send.
If you have a Direct Deposit and not able to update your legal address then you can go through the payroll account maintenance page in QuickBooks to update your address.
If you’re using the QuickBooks Assisted Payroll
Important Note: Please note Intuit will not change your legal business name and address with IRS. You need to submit the changes you have made directly to the IRS.
Steps to update your legal business name
- First, you have to download the Assisted Legal Name change form.
- Then you need to fill the form completely with the sign & date and then print it.
Note: If you want to change your Intuit account name that is your business name also then you should check the new fax number field.
- Finally, you can upload your completed and signed form.
Also, note that your company name will be updated automatically whenever you will process your payroll the next time in QuickBooks Desktop. Here we will discuss how to manage your business information like your EIN and subscription in your Intuit account in CAMPS.
Steps to update your legal business address
- In the first step, you need to fill the IRS Form 8822-B and then print this form.
Note: you need to submit this against changes like legal and shipping address with Intuit. If you will update only your legal address then in this case we will accept the IRS letter mentioned the updated company’s legal address.
- Remember these while completing the form:
- Line 6 – New legal address
- Line 7 – New mailing/shipping address
- Sign and date of the form
- Then here you can upload the signed and complete form.
Note: You can follow up with nearby tax agencies to make changes in the legal address in your payroll tax.
Here we have discussed how to update business or contact names on your account in QuickBooks Desktop. We hope you would like and understand this article. It will definitely help you in changing and updating your business and contact names in your account. We have used very easy language to explain all the process.