There can be many of the major reasons due to which an error can happen in QuickBooks accounting software. And, one of the unexpected error is QuickBooks error 6144 82. This error code in QuickBooks software can occur because of the wrong or incorrect setup of your network. With this, it is a part of the 6000 series QuickBooks error code. Updating QuickBooks software to the new and latest version can simply fix this error.
This QuickBooks error code 6144 82 is one of the most common errors that appear at the time when the QuickBooks user is just opening any company file which is simply used by any other application. With this, among many of the other issues and defects of this accounting software, error codes happening is not just new. And, it is very necessary to just access the code first then simply find an easy & satisfactory solution. One most important this is that with the help of some simple & instant troubleshooting steps, you can easily & quickly fix this QuickBooks error.
Here in this guide, we will give you complete knowledge & information about this error code 6144 82. Such as its causes, symptoms and some of the easy solutions to just fix this error code in QuickBooks software.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
Here are some of the major reasons behind this QuickBooks error code. The causes are as follows:-
- Incomplete or incorrect installation and corrupt download of QuickBooks accounting software are some of the main reasons behind the occurance of this error 6144 82.
- A new and recent QuickBooks-related change can cause corruption in the Windows registry.
- Damaged Windows system files or QuickBooks-related all the program files because of a malware or virus infection.
- A very pernicious deletion of QuickBooks-related all the QuickBooks files caused by some other program.
- And, if you simply see QuickBooks error 6144 82, then it could just point to network problems on your system or your server in particular.
Symptoms of Error 6144 82 in QuickBooks
Some of the symptoms of this QuickBooks error code are as follows:-
- All the active program Window simply stops or crashes once QuickBooks error 6144 82 just appears.
- While running the same program, your system constantly crashes with this unwanted QuickBooks error code.
- With this, also Windows runs very slowly and counters gradually to keyboard or mouse input.
- At times your system (PC) regularly freezes for a few seconds or minutes.
- And, you might also see a different and modified QuickBooks error code 6144 82.
Solutions to Fix the QuickBooks Error 6144 82
Follow the given below steps in order to fix the QuickBooks Error 6114 82:
Solution 1:- Just Rename the .nd and .tlg Files in your QuickBooks Software
- First of all, simply run the QuickBooks accounting software.
- Now, just press F2 from your system keyboard.
- In this step, from the file information section, simply locate the company files for the QuickBooks application.
- After that, just search the folder that simply includes all the QuickBooks company file.
- Then, always make sure that the file names with .nd and .tlg extensions. Just for example:-
- After that, do a right click on the file.
- And then, simply click on the rename option from the drop-down list and then just enter the ‘old’ at the end of these files.
- Now finally, just sign in to the QuickBooks software again.
.TLF and.ND files will be automatically and easily recreated when you simply rename them when you just rescan for the amazing tool QuickBooks database server manager. And then you will be simply capable to easily open the company file. But, if the QuickBooks error code 6144 82 still continues, then without waste your time just go to the second easy & instant solution.
Solution 2:- Try to Open all the QuickBooks Sample Company Files
- In QuickBooks accounting software, just open the no company open Window option.
- After that, simply do a click on the open a sample file option.
- Now, just select any of the sample files from the list of sample files.
- Then, you have to simply repair the QuickBooks installation files if the error code still continues on your system.
Opening the QuickBooks sample file means that all the users of QuickBooks software who face this error are just testing this QuickBooks error 6144 82. They are always trying to make sure that whether they have any kind of problems with the QuickBooks company file or QuickBooks accounting software. With all of this, if the error still continues then your QuickBooks installation file is either corrupted or damaged and needs to be simply repaired.
In Bottom Line
This QuickBooks error 6144 28 can arise because of some Windows problems, as already declared above. It can be an unexpected issue with the old version of the operating system or Windows registry. And, running Windows system file checker can always help and scan the system correctly & properly, thereby fixing this QuickBooks error code.