The QuickBooks error 6000 77 is just a company file error that troubles your system when you don’t have enough permission to get access to any QuickBooks files or folders. Moreover, this QuickBooks error code is one of the most common errors but also is a very critical error in the QuickBooks accounting software. If you simply affected by it, so, at that point, you have to quickly fix the QuickBooks error code 6000 77 as soon as possible. But, if you just ignored it then it can cause some serious and unsolved damage to your data & information
With this, the QuickBooks users may also encounter this error code 6000 77 in QuickBooks software when they simply launch the QuickBooks company file with the simple reference from a mapped drive. And, this guide will definitely help you in easily resolving the QuickBooks error 6000 77 in manually.
So, before to resolve this error code 6000 77 know the major causes behind this QuickBooks error. Because if you know the reasons behind this error in QuickBooks software then you can easily & quickly fix this issue.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6000 77
The main factors that simply contribute to the occurrence of this QuickBooks error code are:-
- The QuickBooks company file which you are just trying to open is either missing. And, this is the reason behind the occurrence of this error 6000 77.
- Corrupted or damaged company file.
- When the QuickBooks accounting software is not simply updated to the latest and new release.
- An outdated version of QuickBooks software is also the main reason behind this QuickBooks error.
- And, when you don’t have enough authorization to just server your system.
- If you are simply incapable of just run the operations because of some blockage by firewall settings or other security. This QuickBooks error 6000 77 happens.
- And, the company file is simply located on the external storage rather of any network or local drive.
- One of the major causes of this error is that if you are using multi-user mode in QuickBooks software.
Solutions to Resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77
Below are some easy, quick and permanent solutions to get rid of QuickBooks error 6000 77 easily.
Solution 1:- Use General Solutions
- First of all, simply restart your server system.
- Now, just check your internet connection whether it is working properly or not.
- In this step, always ensure that you have sufficient permissions and credentials to run the QuickBooks accounting software.
- Now, make sure that the QuickBooks software is simply installed on your administrator of Windows.
Solution 2:- Simply Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- As we all know that the QuickBooks file doctor tool is one of the most useful and very important tools of QuickBooks software. And, it always helps you to easily fix general data damage issues or errors automatically.
- So, in the very first step, simply download the QuickBooks file doctor tool from the correct and official website of Intuit.
- After that, just install the tool properly and then simply run it.
- And then, simply choose the file in which you are just encountering the error or issue.
- Now, just provide the username and password if needed.
- And finally, let the process to get simply finished and then just restart your system.
Solution 3:- Just Rename the.TLG and.NG Files
- First, simply go to the folder where the QuickBooks company file is just stored.
- Now, search for the location of the company file. And, usually, the location of these files is C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files.
- In this step, just locate all the files which have the same name as your QB company file but with extensions.TLG and.NG.
- Now, do a right-click on both files one by one and after that just select the rename option from the drop-down list.
- At last, simply include the word OLD at the end of the file name.
Solution 4:- Use UNC Patch File Name Instead of the Mapped Drive
- First, do a right-click on the QuickBooks icon while just pressing and holding the CTRL-key.
- After that, simply select the run as administrator option from the drop-down list.
- In this step, just press and hold the Ctrl key to simply open the no company Window option.
- And then, simply go to the File > Open or Restore Company > Open a company file > Next option.
- Now, just choose the network from the left pane option.
- And after completing the previous step, simply navigate to the folder location of the QuickBooks company file.
- Finally, just set the folder permissions and then simply open the company file.
Solution 5:- Configure Security Software and Firewall
In this solution, take into consideration that you may encounter the QuickBooks error 6000 77 because of some incorrect & improper configuration of firewall settings. And, the miss-configured firewall can simply block the internet connection which is the most important for many of the QuickBooks tools.
- First of all, you can just update the firewall running on your system to the new & latest release which can simply fix the QuickBooks error code.
- With this, you can also configure the firewall manually.
Solution 6:- Recreate the Corrupted Folder
- In the first step, just open the Windows explorer by simply pressing the Windows + E. And then, just go to the C:\ drive of your system.
- Now, simply create a new folder in your C: drive and then name it just QBtest123.
- After that, just open the folder where the QuickBooks company file is simply located.
- And then, simply do a right-click on the .qbw file and after that just click on the copy from the drop-down list option.
- In this step, just paste all the files into the newly created folder.
- Then, simply set Windows access permissions to just share all the company files.
- And at last, just open the QuickBooks desktop and after that simply open the file from the new location.
We hope that this guide was capable to give you complete information so that you can easily fix the QuickBooks error 6000 77.