- June 21, 2019
- Posted by: fyber
- Category: QuickBooks
Hello!! Are you searching for the easy & instant solutions for QuickBooks error 1920? So your search has simply ended here because we are going to discuss the main causes and easy solutions for unexpected error 1902 in QuickBooks accounting software.
As we all know that QuickBooks is one of the most popular and successful software in the world of accounting and finances. And it always helps small and medium-size businesses to completely receive payments, pay bills and also easily manage the payroll system. With this, it offers many integrated and the best tools which make the process easy. But, also there are many types of unexpected errors that simply arise in this process that the QuickBooks users must be aware of.
One such unexpected error is QuickBooks error 1920. QuickBooks database server manager simply scans hard drives that are just installed in the system for all company files. And due to heavy QuickBooks error 1920, QuickBooks database manager just fails to start.
What Is QuickBooks Error 1920?
QuickBooks error 1920 is one of the most common & basic errors in QuickBooks accounting software. And it can be simply put under the category of installation error that happens while updating or installing the QuickBooks desktop application. QuickBooks won’t be capable to just open when the error code 1920 happens in the best QuickBooks accounting software.
This QuickBooks error code 1920 mainly occurs when the installed hard drives are simply scanned by QuickBooks database manager for company files to just build a connection between these files. The service always tries to simply access a drive but couldn’t do it and ended up just showing the QB error code 1920.
Some Causes of QuickBooks Error 1920
Here is a list of appropriate some important causes of QuickBooks error code 1920.
- The flaw in your system operation.
- And some other reasons that simply include, failed or wrong installation or uninstallation of the QuickBooks accounting software.
- Invalid or incorrect entries in your Windows Registry.
- A malware or virus attack.
- And incorrect system shut down because of a power failure.
- Randomly deleted some most important files in the system or Registry entry.
- Error code 1920 QuickBooks database manager service simply failed to start.
How to Easily Resolve/Fix QuickBooks Error 1920?
Some easy & instant solutions that can be simply implemented in such type of situation are:-
Solution 1: Just Rename QuickBooks Desktop Company File
- First, simply go to the QuickBooks desktop application. And then just open it and also open the file which you wish to rename.
- After that, just press the F2 key or Ctrl+1 keys together on your system keyboard. And this will simply open the complete Product Information.
- In this step, simply note the location of the company file and just close the QuickBooks and every other file.
- After that, simply go to the location of the file.
- And then simply choose on the file explorer and after that, just right-click on the Window start.
- Now choose the rename option by simply right-clicking on the file.
- And at last, simply type the new name of the organization. And once you are done, then just press enter. Now simply click on the Yes if the system asks you to confirm the activity.
Solution 2: Simply Check Compatibility and Upgrade Windows
This easy solution simply says, simply verify if your Windows system is up-to-date. And if its components are not just upgraded and compatible with the accounting software requirements. Then it may cause errors and issues. So in that case, simply upgrade your Windows respectively.
Solution 3: Just Clean Out the Junk Folders From Your System
- Doing this first simply go to the start.
- And then just type “command” in the search box.
- After that simply press Ctrl + Shift keys together on your system keyboard. And then just press enter.
- In this step, just click Yes in the Permission dialogue box that will simply appear.
- And then simply enter “cleanmgr” in the black box that just appears next and then press Enter. After that Disk Cleanup will just begin.
- Finally, simply select the checkboxes of the junk files which you want to just clean out and then simply click on the OK button.
Some Other Instant Solutions:-
- Simply avoid running multiple programs while you are simply troubleshooting the errors. End all the processes that simply appear in the error message by just using Task Manager.
- Simply log in as an administrator.
- And try Rebooting your system.
- If any type of security software has been recently installed, then you should just remove it.
- And the Firewall must be kept just turned off.
- Most important thing is that you can simply uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks application if the error continues.
- With this, you can also try simply installing the sage application.
- In case QuickBooks accounting software has previously been running with security software. So always be make sure that it is compatible with QuickBooks and also upgraded to a proper and appropriate version.
NOTE-: When error 1920 occurs the following message is shown on the screen such as QuickBooks error 1920 database manager service failed to start. These error codes happen when someone entries irregular in the Windows registry or incorrectly configured system settings.
QuickBooks error 1920 database service failed to start because the QuickBooks database manager installed the hard drives for company files. So, it cannot start easily because the service tries to access a drive on the desktop and was unable to.
Causes of Error 1920 QuickBooks Database manager service failed to start
Check out the list below for the cause of error 1920 QuickBooks Database manager service failed to start. It will be better to take appropriate measures to resolve this error in order to continue the task on QuickBooks.
- The malfunction in your system operation.
- The common reasons include incorrect or failed installation or uninstallation of the software.
- Invalid entries in your windows registry.
- Consequences of a virus or malware attack.
- Improper system shutdown due to a power failure or other factor.
- Accidentally deleting some of the necessary system files or registry entries.
- Results of an infection or malware assault.
- Inappropriate framework shut down because of a force disappointment or other factor.
- Incidentally erasing a portion of the essential framework documents or vault passages
How to Resolve Error 1920 QuickBooks Database Manager Service failed to start
Here we are going to discuss some of the solutions to fix error 1920 QuickBooks database manager service failed to start. It is better to take steps to fix this error in order to continue working on QuickBooks.
Solution 1: Check if your windows are up to date not the component up to date, then it can cause the issues
- Remove it, If you have introduced any security programming as of late.
- Turn it off, if the firewall is On.
- Ensure that while the investigating is being performed you are not running various projects.
- You need to check, security is cutting-edge If the application was working beforehand with the security.
- You need to remove a recently installed application
- Now, check that QuickBooks is working fine or not. In the event that it isn’t working you have to follow the means in solution2.
Solution 2: Rename your QuickBooks Desktop Company File
To fix this issue, You have to rename a QuickBooks desktop company file installation folders. then, you have use windows explorer in order to locate and rename each of the folder locations listed for your version of windows.
For Windows 7/8/10
- C:\Program Data\Intuit
- C:\Program Data\Common Files\Intuit
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit
For Windows Vista
- C:\Program Data\Intuit
- C:\Program Data\Common Files\Intuit
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit
- Open your QuickBooks desktop and open your company file.
- Press F2 or Ctrl+1, on your keyword to open the product information window.
- You have to close QuickBooks desktop
- Close the company file in all workstations, If you are in a multi-user mode.
- You have to navigate to the location of the company file.
Windows 10, 8.1 and 8:- Select the file explorer the then right-click the windows start.
Windows 7 and Vista:- Select the file explorer, Right-click the windows start button Explorer
- Right-click on the file and select rename
- Press enter while typing the new company file name.
- If Windows prompts you to confirm the action, click on Yes.
Solution 3: Set up QuickBooks Desktop to utilize the new organization document name
In the event that arrangement 2 doesn’t fix your blunder 1920 QuickBooks database chief help neglected to begin, at that point you need to Check out the means for setting up QuickBooks work area so as to utilize new organization record name. Check out the steps for setting up a QuickBooks desktop in order to use the new company file name.
Open the QuickBooks software
- Click open or restore an existing company, from the QuickBooks file menu.
- Open a company file a click next
- You have to select the new
- Click on open
How to Fix QuickBooks Database Installation Error 1920?
So if you really wish to resolve or fix QuickBooks database installation error 1920, then it is the most important for every QuickBooks user to simply follow the steps which are given below. And one more important thing is that do this in a chronological order that is given below.
- Firstly, simply rename the QuickBooks Desktop company file.
- In the next step, just open your QuickBooks Desktop application.
- After that, you are completely done with this, then simply open your company file.
- In case, you want to just open the complete product information. Then simply press the F2 or Ctrl+1 on your system keyboard.
- And finally, simply note the location of the company file that is just mentioned in the File Information.
We have mentioned above the QuickBooks error 1920 or QuickBooks database manager service failed to start. This blog helps you to resolve this error. The above easy and instant solution steps will definitely help you in resolving or fixing the QuickBooks error 1920 easily.
Also Read:- Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057