If you are using QuickBooks desktop then you might be looking for the solution of how you can update the email address you use for QuickBooks Desktop. So for your information, Intuit has made this process so simple that you can do it on your own. And then you can update the current email address to which you want to have. Changing the email address can be very important as this is one of many basic methods of transfer sensitive notifications and communications. Also, you can retrieve the user ID and password by the user’s email address. So all these factors are pointing on that it is very important to Update the email address you use for QuickBooks Desktop.
Here we are going to explain to you all the steps that required to update the email address you use for QuickBooks Desktop
Email Address for Receiving Notifications
You should receive notification of all new updates to your email address that you will connect with your name in your company. Also, You will get notifications via your email address if you are the billing person.
Notifications you will get
We have mentioned below the notification which you receive on your email address:
- You will get a notification of Payroll newsletters (Quarterly).
- Notification of Intuit QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Tax Table Update Notice.
- You will get Auto-renewal notices if you are annual subscribers.
- If you have confirmed the order then you will get a notification in your email.
- You will get a notification of changes done in the federal and state regulations.
To update your email address for notifications:
Here we will discuss all the steps of how you can update your email address for getting notifications:
- First, go to My Account and sign in.
- Choose the product or service that you want on the Manage your QuickBooks page.
- You should check first if you are logged in to the right company by going to the right corner, If you are not then choose the correct one.
- Now go to the Authorized Users list.
- Then Edit the name that you want.
- Now you need to fill out the new email address and save it. Press on the icon X to go back to the Home page.
- Now you will start getting notifications about new updates on your new email address.
Email Address for Retrieving User ID/ Password
We are here to help you out if you are looking to change your email address for retrieving your User ID and Password. We have mentioned all the steps below for your quick reference:
- First, you have to go to My Account.
- Then you will have to choose the product and service to manage in the Manage your QuickBooks page.
- From the top right side of the company name choose the drop-down arrow.
- Now you got to Edit Login and the Profile Tab.
- Choose the Edit option in the Email address field.
- Now Enter your Password.
- Then Press on the Save button. Now you will get a verification email to your new email address.
- Then verify that email which you have received in your new email address.
- Once verified then choose to Continue to finish the changing process.
At the end of this article, we hope that you understand all the steps of how to update the email address you use for QuickBooks Desktop. We have used very simple language so read this article thoroughly to understand the process easily and fix your issue without any help getting from professionals.