As we all know that the QuickBooks accounting software always comes with many of the amazing tools that are helpful for small and medium-sized businesses. It also gives you the great feature of sales taxes, invoicing, scans receipts, data security, tracking all the expenses, manages & maintains pays bills, bookkeeping and many of the other important features that definitely make your accounting efficient and very easy. But, with all of this, QuickBooks software also has some of the bugs, issues, and errors that can just happen because of some reasons. And one such error is the QuickBooks script error.
This is one of the most common errors but it can definitely affect your workflow. When you simply open the QuickBooks accounting software, at that time, you get this script error. And, also this error does not enable you to work on QuickBooks software and slows down all the updating process.
This QuickBooks script error can be resolved easily that’s why here in this guide, we will discuss all the important & necessary things about this script error such as its causes & easy solutions with troubleshooting steps. So, to get rid of this QuickBooks error simply follow all the instructions which are just given below.
Causes of QuickBooks Script Error
There are many of the mani reasons behind this script error. And here are some of the follows:-
- When script processing all the functions are simply blocked/disabled.
- Spyware/malware or some infection in your system.
- Any of the changes made to the system prior to the major occurrence of QB script error.
- When the QuickBooks users getting alternate script error with one website.
- Software or script plugin is just damaged which is ADOBE FLASH, JAVA, etc.
- When all the download data from the web source is just incompatible with script software format, at that moment, this QuickBooks error occurs.
- The default browsers cache file & folder is simply damaged or full.
- When the active X components are just missing or corrupted.
- One of the major reasons behind this error, when the script debugging feature is just enabled.
- When the third party or firewall application is simply blocking the script function.
- QuickBooks software data file is just damaged, QuickBooks script error happens.
- And when the Windows user is simply damaged or corrupted.
Solutions to Fix Script Error in QuickBooks
As we know that there are many of the causes of script error in QuickBooks software. So, simply perform different troubleshooting steps that are just given until you figure out the main cause and reach to the resolution of this error.
And to do this, here are some of the following easy & quick troubleshooting steps for QuickBooks script error. The steps are as follows:-
Solution 1: Clear the cache data folder of the default browser or Microsoft internet explorer
- First of all, simply open the internet explorer on your system.
- After that, just choose the tools option.
- Now, simply do a click on the internet options and then just click on the general tab option.
- Then, make a click on the delete option under browsing history.
- In this step, simply checkmark all the options like history, cookies, and temporary internet files.
- And finally, just do a click on the apply button and then click on the ok button.
Also Read:- QuickBooks Sync Manager Error
Solution 2: Disable add-ons on your default browser or your Microsoft internet explorer
- For doing this, firstly, just open the internet explorer.
- Now, simply go to the tools option.
- After that, just select internet options.
- In this step, simply choose the programs tab option.
- Now, make a click on the manage add-ons option.
- And at last, just select the disable add-ons function and simply click on the ok button.
Solution 3: Reset your internet explorer or default browser
- In the very first step, just open the internet explorer.
- Now, do a single click on the tools option.
- And then, simply select the internet option.
- After completing the previous step, make a click on the advanced tab option.
- Finally, just click on the reset to the default button and after that simply click on the apply & Ok button.
Solution 4: In case you want to include the web source to a trusted website & add the web source to the exception list in your browser, then
- First, just open the internet explorer.
- Now, simply select the tools option.
- And the, just go to the internet option.
- After that, do a single click on the security tab option.
- Now finally, just include the intuit.com to the trusted sites.
Solution 5: Simply disable the script debugging in your browser
- First of all, simply go to the internet options in internet explorer.
- And after completing the first step, just click on the advanced tab option.
- In this step, simply scroll down below to two options (disable script debugging other and disable script debugging internet explorer).
- At last, just check them and then, simply do a click on the apply & ok button.
Solution 6: Configure the security settings of a third-party application or a default security application
In this solution, any script blocking the best feature is just enabled in the default Windows security application should be simply disabled. So, simply & carefully configure all the security applications or just get complete help from QuickBooks software amazing experts remotely.
Solution 7: Corrupted Windows user
If your user in Windows is simply damaged, so, in that case, just create a new & fresh user with equal admin rights to just stop getting QuickBooks script error. And one more thing, this is only applicable or relevant if you are simply facing script errors in QuickBooks with every web source.
Also Read:- QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
Solution 8: Just Re-install the plugin software
Maybe your script processing application is just corrupted. And, at that moment, you have to simply repair or re-install the software, then for this just follow only two easy steps.
- In the very first step, simply locate the plugins installed in your on your system in the control panel.
- And then, just reinstall all the plugins like ADOBE FLASH, .Net framework, and JAVA.
Solution 9: Verify all the active scripting and uninstall active X
Active X controls are simply disabled in high-security level in the internet explorer.
- Firstly, just open the internet explorer and then simply go to the internet option.
- Now, simply choose the tools option and after that do a click on the security tab option.
- And then, just click on the default level option and then simply make a click on the Ok button.
Some of the time active X is just corrupted which always restricts the browser to simply display all the QuickBooks data. And also, uninstall all the files to just unblock the complete access to your QuickBooks file.
Remove or uninstall the ActiveX file in the internet explorer:-
- In the first step, just go to the options in internet explorer.
- After that, simply do a click on the settings option.
- Now, make a click on the view objects option.
- In this step, simply check all the ActiveX files which are currently installed in your system.
- Then, just locate all the file names which are simply starting with box-like qboax11 or qboax11.dll.
- And finally, always make sure you simply close all the internet explorer running Windows and just delete all the located files from the system.
Solution 10: Just repair your QuickBooks data file
Simply repair your QuickBooks company file using the wonderful tool the QB file doctor. Doing this, simply download and install the QuickBooks file doctor amazing tool from the official QuickBooks download page. And then, just repair your QuickBooks data file.