Have you ever disturb with this unexpected QuickBooks error H505? And always want to easy and permanent solution to fix this QuickBooks error? Then don’t worry about it.!! Because here in this guide, we gives you complete troubleshoot to easily resolve this error.
The heavy and unexpected H505 error code refers to a group of errors that normally happen when QuickBooks users are just trying to access a QuickBooks company file that is not simply located on their system. But with this, it can also happen if the users are simply accessing a file on their system with incorrect or improper configuration.
Some of the error codes simply share related solutions to this one. And the QuickBooks users have reported that the QuickBooks error mostly happens in a multi-user environment. It clearly makes the communication between accounts or any connected devices more difficult in terms of just sharing a single company file.
And the easy and instant instructions below should simply prove to be most helpful to people who are simply experiencing QuickBooks error code H505. There are quite several solutions presented so make sure you simply follow them one by one until one of them easily manages to solve your issue.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error H505?
QuickBooks error H505 occurs if there is any problem, which is simply related to multi-user hosting set up. Therefore, the QuickBooks error happens when the user just attempts to easily access the company file. Which is on another system that just lacked proper QuickBooks installation and set-up. This simply leads to QuickBooks error code H505.
- The .ND file is just incorrect or damaged. And without a functional.ND file, QuickBooks accounting software is simply incapable to access the files on a network.
- QuickBooks services – QBCFMonitor and QuickBooksDBXX – are just not running.
- And the IP address of the server cannot be simply found.
- Hosting has not been just configured correctly and properly.
- The server does not have to simply host mode turned on.
- QuickBooks firewall ports are not simply configured accurately. And communication between server and QuickBooks is not just taking place because of incorrect firewall settings.
- There is some issue with the DNS setting.
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code H505?
So when QuickBooks error code H505 happens, a QuickBooks user can simply get some symptoms and which are just given below:-
- Multi-user mode cannot be simply used.
- The QuickBooks user just fails to easily open the QuickBooks company file, which is just stored on the server.
- QuickBooks program window gets simply broken.
- QuickBooks error H505 displays on your system screen.
- The desktop system or laptop crashes again and again.
- Windows may become unresponsive and stop regularly.
- QuickBooks software just stops and you have to simply wait for it to respond.
These QuickBooks error messages can simply happen during the program installation. While an Intuit Inc.-related best software program is simply running, during Windows startup or shutdown. Or even during the just installation of the Windows operating system (OS).
Solutions to Easily Fix the QuickBooks Error H505
To easily and quickly fix unexpected QuickBooks H505 Error, you can try the easy and instant solutions. The solutions are simply given here below:-
In the first solution, the hosting mode should be off on the QuickBooks users’ systems and simply turned-on on the server.
- So in the very first step, you have to simply open the QuickBooks on all of the users’ systems that are just showing a heavy error H505.
- After this, simply navigate to the QuickBooks menu and then just click on the file menu.
- Now, simply choose the utilities under the file menu.
- And in this step, just look for an option with the name – host multi-user access. If it is simply there, so that case, do not select it. This means that this particular system is not simply leading to any issue. And then you can simply go to the next system.
- After doing the previous step, if you see an option with the name – stop hosting multi-user access – then just choose it.
- And the above-given simple steps are to be just repeated on all of the users’ workstations or systems that are getting this QuickBooks error.
- After you have simply covered all of the users’ systems, just go to the server system.
- And then, on the server, simply open the QuickBooks.
- Now just navigate to the QuickBooks menu and then simply click on the file menu.
- After that simply choose the utilities under the file menu.
- And if in any case, you just see an option with the name – host multi-user access – then just select it. With this, if in case, you simply see an option with the name – just stop hosting multi-user access – then that case, do not choose it.
And in the second instant solution, firewall settings are to be simply configured to allow exceptions.
- Firstly, simply go to the start button on the system screen and then just click it.
- After doing the first step, just type the control panel in the search box.
- And now, simply open the control panel Window.
- In this step, just look for the firewall settings and then simply open it.
- Now, just go to allow a program through the firewall.
- After doing this, simply choose the add program.
- And now, you are must require to simply put into the list of exceptions – QuickBooks 20xx.
- At last, simply restart your system so that the changes that you have made get just applied.
- Now see, if QuickBooks error H505 is just happening or not.
In this solution, you have to simply verify that QuickBooks services are just running.
- First, simply open the run dialog box.
- And then, in the text field of the run box, simply put the services.MSC and then just click on the enter button.
- Now, services can also be simply opened through the task manager. So that case you have to just press these keys together in Windows 10 to simply open the task manager. And three key is that Ctrl, Shift and the Esc keys.
- After doing the previous step, in the task manager Window, simply go to the services tab.
- And then, just look for the open services and after that simply click on it in order to just open it.
- Now, simply find the QuickbooksDBXX service in the name column.
- After doing this, just click twice on the service name.
- And then, simply choose the properties from the list that simply appears.
- In this step, simply go to the startup type and just choose the automatic. And the status of the service should be simply running or started. If the service is just stopped, in that case, just start it by using the start button.
- Now, simply go to the recovery tab.
- And under the first failure option, you have to simply choose the restart the service option. For these two options also – subsequent failure and second failures – just restart the service is to be simply selected.
Also Read:- QuickBooks Error 1904
This solution includes simply opening the network ports that are just used by QuickBooks software for just sending and receiving data.
- In the first step, simply open the control panel Window.
- And after that, in the control panel Window, simply go to the system and security.
- Then, just open the Windows firewall.
- And now, simply look for the most advanced settings and then just choose it.
- In this step, on the left, just go to the inbound rules and simply do right click on it.
- And then, simply choose the new rule. Then, just select the port in the rule type.
- Now, just choose the TCP and also specific local ports. Then, you have to simply include the necessary QuickBooks ports.
- And after doing the previous step, simply choose the next button just after completing the above step.
- Now, in the Window that just appears, that case you have to simply choose – and also allow the connection – among the great options given there.
- In this process, simply select the next option and then just choose the network type for easily applying this rule. And if in case of network switching is just common or frequent, in such type of case, just keep checked all the options.
- And then, simply give a name to the rule and after doing that just click on the finish button.
- Then, simply repeat the steps which are just mentioned above for outbound rules also.
- And finally, just check whether you are now getting QuickBooks error H505 or not.
This easy and last solution includes editing the Windows hosts file.
- In the very first step, simply open the run on the server.
- And now, just open the command prompt by simply typing the cmd in the run Window.
- Then, simply run the command “ipconfig /all”.
- And after doing the previous step, just note down on a text file, the system name and also the IP address for all hosts and workstations.
- After this, simply close QuickBooks software and then just go to this PC. And then just open the C:\Windows\Syswow64\Drivers\Etc or C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc.
- And then, just open the hosts file with notepad.
- Now in this step, you have to simply enter the system name and also the IP address noted above. And one important thing is that always remember, do not use the space bar. But use the tab key for just separating the IP address and system name.
- And finally, after you have finished the above easy steps, then simply apply the changes and just check for the QuickBooks error H505.
This complete guide simply talked about the QuickBooks error H505. And which is simply occurs due to some above-mentioned causes. But this QuickBooks error mainly happens when incorrect or incomplete authentication or entering data into the separate system. And by using the above simple solutions, you should be capable to quickly fix QuickBooks error code H505.
Also Read:- QuickBooks Error 6000 80