On 14th January 2020, Microsoft announced to discontinue Windows 7 and after that QuickBooks Desktop no longer supports Windows 7. It means that if you want to work on QuickBooks Desktop then you need to update your operating system to the latest version of Windows 7 as QuickBooks Desktop will not support this OS. the person who still uses Windows 7 will not get any support on security or updates for them. That’s why if you are installed your QuickBooks Desktop on Window 7 is at risk as you have saved your data on the local operating system. So now the important question arises that is Intuit discontinuing QuickBooks on Windows 7. Read this article for more detail as we have discussed below :
What Microsoft meant by support ending for Windows 7?
When QuickBooks ends support for windows7 then your computer will be at high risk to secure your data. So we recommend you update your operating system to windows 10. Windows 7 was released in 2009 with a 10-year support commitment from windows. So keeping this into mind Microsoft focused to launch new technologies for its users. Now Windows 7 don’t have security protection and will be out of compliance. The most important security compliance requirement (MA Data Security Law, HIPAA, etc.) will be not fit for windows 7. So that QuickBooks alert to update the operating system to the latest version. If you don’t know that watch operating system you are using currently then follow the steps given below:
- Click on the start button that shows on the left bottom corner of the screen and then type Computer in the text box.
- Then right-click on the computer and go to properties.
- Right under the windows version on screen, you can get to know the operating system using with this computer.
Listing the facts about, Intuit® QuickBooks Discontinued on Windows 7?
Intuit Quickbooks provides its customers with top-notch security. They have to do this because it has important and confidential accounting data of the company. Intuit QuickBooks does its part to delete malware into the company file. Now windows 7 is getting no support from Microsoft then it is possible that data will be secured with Intuit® working on security. It does not mean that QuickBooks Discontinuing support for windows 7.
- QuickBooks 2020 still available to use with Windows 7 but it is an important decision to switch your OS to the latest one. Users always receive an alert from QuickBooks to upgrade their os. So you should check your system requirement before installing the QuickBooks version. You can check the requirement in the product description.
- The QuickBooks hosting version can experience the update by hosting providers. The hosting providers would be updating their servers. If you are looking for more detail about your hosting providers then you should call them and get a reply to all your queries.
- If you update your operating system from windows 7 to windows 10, it does not mean that you need to purchase Quickbooks. Once you will update your oS the QuickBooks will automatically work properly.
If you are using QuickBooks for your accounting work then you should be updated with all the new rules that Intuit has launched. So as you QuickBooks will not work properly on windows 7. We have discussed here the reason behind it and all detail that QuickBooks Desktop no longer supports Windows 7.