QuickBooks is the most important software for accounting work in the small and medium-sized business. So while working on this software if you are having an error message like we have mentioned below after register, subscribe, or sync your data then no need to worry. There is an installed file that’s the reason behind it. So let’s see how to fix license, validation, and registration errors in QuickBooks Desktop.
- “Error: The validation code is incorrect or the service is temporarily unavailable when activating.”
- “Message: You cannot use Online Banking because QuickBooks is not registered.”
- “You must subscribe to the accountant’s copy file transfer service”
- The Sync License Data Online option is grayed out.
Here we will discuss that how can you delete that file safely to refresh your registration.
Solution 1: How to Run the 3371 Error Fix from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
Step 1: Steps to Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
To fix the common errors and problems you can get help from the QuickBooks Tool Hub. If you want the best experience that we suggest you use this tool hub with Windows 10, 64-bit.
- First, you have to close the QuickBooks.
- Then we will suggest you download the latest version (22.214.171.124) of this Tool Hub. You need to save the file where you can get it easily. Note: If you have already installed the tool hub before then you should check the version which you have. Then press the Home tab. You will see the version on the bottom right or you can manually select About to check the version.
- Here you need to open the downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) file.
- Now follow the instruction that is displaying on screen for installation and agree for the terms and condition.
- When the installation completed, you need to double click on the icon on your Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
Step 2: From the Tool Hub, how to run the Quick Fix my Program
- You need to select installation issues from the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then choose 3371 Error Fix and then OK.
- Now you can start QuickBooks Desktop to open the data file.
Solution 2: How can you delete your Entitlement file manually
The entitlement file is the one that can identify that your product is valid and register with QuickBooks. You have to search for the file and delete it to re-enter your license and product detail.
- First of all, you need to open the windows start menu.
- Then enter Run into the search box and open Run.
- You need to type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 and Enter. If the folder is not opened then you have to enter C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6.
- Now you need to search for the EntitlementDataStore.ecml and then right-click on the file and press delete and then confirm it by selecting Yes.
- Now you can open QuickBooks and company files here.
- Then you need to follow all the instructions that show on the screen to register QuickBooks again.
If you are using QuickBooks Point of Sale
If you are using QuickBooks Point of Sale with the same computer then you need to follow the steps of register it again. It always uses the same entitlement file.
At the end of this article, we hope that you understand the steps of how to fix license, validation, and registration errors in QuickBooks Desktop. We have explained it in detail so you can learn the steps easily.