QuickBooks Desktop is the most popular and important software for accounting work. It will help you to maintain your invoices, bills, transactions, payroll, and inventories very easily. So if you are thinking to turn off Advanced inventory, and looking for the solution then we are here to help you out and give you the solution step by step.
If you want to turn off Inventory completely, Then you need to turn off every feature that you are using currently.
Steps to turn off the Advanced Inventory
Here we are going to discuss how you can turn off Advanced Inventory :
- First, you need to choose preferences from the Edit menu.
- Now select Item & Inventory and then go to the company preferences tab.
- You need to select the Setting Button of Advanced Inventory.
- Then turn off each feature that you are using currently:
Multiple Inventory Locations
Unmark the checkbox to clear the Multiple Location Inventory.
If you are going to turn off Multiple Inventory Locations, then QuickBooks will:
- Maintain all the site-related data you have entered, but you will not be able to see it.
- You will be able to hide all the site-related columns, reports, fields from the QuickBooks interface.
- Stop assigning inventory transactions to any other site.
If you turn on the preferences then you can do :
- You can be able to assign a temporary site to all the inventory transaction you have mentioned before the turn off the preferences.
- You can transfer the inventory from the temporary site to the actual site.
Now you can start tracking inventory continuously at multiple locations as you have done before turning it off.
1. You have to select the Serial/Lot Numbers tab.
2. Then unmark the checkbox to remove the Enable Lot or Serial Numbers.
1. You have to go to the FIFO tab first.
2. Now you need to remove the checkmark from Use FIFO starting.
1. Go to the Barcodes tab first.
2. Now you have to remove the checkmark from Enable Barcode scanning.
Important note: If you turn off the scanning of the barcode then it will keep the back up of your barcode scans in your company file. And if you decide to turn on the barcode scanning back then all the barcode scans will visible to you again.
5. Then you need to select OK in the Advanced Inventory Settings window.
6. Select OK in the Preferences window option.
7. Select OK to the warning window option that showing on the screen.
In this article, we have discussed how to turn off inventory in QuickBooks Desktop. We hope you have read the article carefully and understand all the steps we have mentioned above.