Have you ever get QuickBooks error code 20 while using QuickBooks Desktop? And want to permanently fix this QuickBooks error? So now don’t worry about this error, because here in this guide we discuss everything about this heavy QuickBooks error 20. If you want to easily and quickly resolve this error then just read this complete guide carefully and follow all the instructions which are simply given below.
So nowadays, QuickBooks has developed as a comprehensive accounting solution from over the globe. This accounting software is specifically designed to simply make complete accounting and financial tasks easy. With this, QuickBooks accounting software always helps you in increasing the cash flow and profit margin. It also increases the quality of your complete data as it reduces the chances of any kind of errors. But like any other software, it is also not too far from some errors that can harm your workflow. And one of the errors is QuickBooks error code 20.
While upgrading from Windows XP or Vista to Windows 7, that time you may face QuickBooks error 20 which also called QuickBooks printer not activated error code 20. And this error occurs because the ‘new operating system’ simply sets out the Hkey_ Current_config\ software key in the registry settings.
QuickBooks Printer Not Activated Error Code 20
The QuickBooks error 20 means that the printer is not simply activated. And this printer error in QuickBooks software is the most popular and common error and can be fixed easily. The error code 20 arrives in QuickBooks software when you simply upgrade your operating system to a higher and best version and it just deletes the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software key from the registry settings. And in very simple words, the key wasn’t simply upgraded while the operating system (OS) is just upgraded. The key is simply used to save the complete internal settings that cause failure after the easy upgrade process.
Some Causes QuickBooks Error 20
Here are some of the main causes of QuickBooks error code 20. The causes are as follows:-
- QuickBooks 2009 compatibility problems with windows 10.
- Not too much latest or non-updated QuickBooks 2009.
- And the application key is not simply updated.
- Some of the unsupported printer drivers either way.
- QuickBooks Windows registry problems.
Fix QuickBooks Printer not Activated Error Code 20
Here are some easy, instant, and parament solutions to quickly resolve this QuickBooks error. So simply follow these solutions. And the solutions are as follows:-
Solution One:- Simply Registry Backup and Restore Point
- First of all, just backup the Windows registry.
- After that, simply open the registry editor to just include the manual changes to it.
- Now, just open the file menu option and simply export the registry and then save it.
- In this step, simply create a restore point to remove the changes which are just made in the registry if required.
- At last, wait till the time system restore point creation process ends, and after that simply click on the OK button when the process is just finished.
Solution Two:- Just Configure the User Permissions
- First, simply click on the Window and just type Regedit in the search bar is the OK button.
- Then, just right-click on the Regedit and after that simply choose the run as administrator option.
- Now, simply double-click on the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG folder in the left pane.
- In this step, just right-click on the software folder in the pan and then choose the selection permissions option from the menu.
- And finally, on the new Window that pops up, just select the full control to the users if it is not enabled the option and then simply click on the OK button.
Solution Three:- Now Configure the Print Spooler Service
- So in the very first step, simply press the Windows + R at the same time and then just type MSC in the run box that appears.
- After that, simply right-click on the print spooler service from the services list and then just select the properties option.
- Now, simply stop the print spooler service.
- In this step, from the startup type dropdown, simply choose the automatic option.
- And now, just click on the start of the service again option.
- Finally, simply try to print something or just save a PDF, and this should easily resolve the QuickBooks printer not activated error code 20.
Solution Four:- Just Repair the QuickBooks PDF Component QBprint.qbp File
- First, simply open your Windows control panel option and then just go to the features and programs option.
- And then, just choose QuickBooks from the list of the installed program.
- After doing the second step, simply click on the change and start the repair process and then just follow the instruction until the end.
- Now, just restart your system after the QuickBooks repair process simply finishes.
- And finally, simply try to print something or just save a PDF, and this should quickly resolve the QuickBooks error 20.
Solution Five:- Updating Windows and Reinstall the QuickBooks Simply From the Scratch
- Firstly, just open your Windows control panel option and then go to the features and programs option.
- Now, simply note down your QuickBooks product number and license, and before you just uninstall the QuickBooks accounting software.
- After that, just select the QuickBooks from the list of installed programs and then simply choose the uninstall from the top.
- Now, just follow the expert instructions until QuickBooks software simply uninstall.
- Then, simply download and install the Windows updates and then just restart your system.
- And in this step, just insert the installation CD or simply open the QuickBooks installation folder to just start the setup.
- Then, simply follow the easy installation instructions to just install the QuickBooks accounting software.
- And at last, since QuickBooks reinstallation does simply resolve a lot of QuickBooks errors, now you should be capable to just print now.
Solution Six:- Simply Troubleshooting the Microsoft Document Writer: Windows Component
Microsoft document writer is simply a preinstalled Windows component that always helps easily print to file. And also it allows Windows to help QuickBooks software application to simply save complete information in PDF. But if this component is just damaged or missing, in that case, you get in trouble printing from QuickBooks on Windows 10. And then simply encounter the QuickBooks printer not activated error code 20 as an outcome.
- In the first step, just right-click on the QuickBooks icon on your desktop and then simply choose the open file location option from the menu.
- And then, simply go to the temp folder and just look for the folder that simply represents the great version of your QuickBooks software.
- Now, just open the third party folder. And then simply locate and double-click on the exe file and after that just let the installation complete.
- In this step, simply open the QuickBooks once to just register the license.
- Now, in case of getting issues when installing ABS PDF driver or it just stops responding. So in that case, simply try installing again.
- And finally, once the installation is simply completed then try printing again to just verify the QuickBooks error code 20 if fixed or not.
In Bottom Line
So the above-mentioned instant and parament steps are very useful and effective. And it will always help you in easily resolving the QuickBooks error code 20.