As we all know that QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software between small and also mid-sized business owners. And, this best accounting software is a one-stop and easy solution for all your any type of accounting needs. But with this, just like other amazing software, this software QuickBooks also encounters some of the errors and issues. And QuickBooks error 6147 is one of the most common errors which happens many of the time.
QuickBooks accounting software provides complete peace of mind to business owners because it has many of the wonderful functions and features that always save the time of all the business owners, so, that they can give their complete time to improve or boost their business. With all of this, this accounting software has lots of problems. And one of the most common errors in this software is QuickBooks error code 6147.
Here in this guide, we will discuss all the information about this QuickBooks error such as its causes, symptoms and also its solutions to just resolve this error.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6147
Here are some of the major reasons that always lead to unexpected QuickBooks error 6147. The causes are as follows:-
- Simply restoring complete backup files from a network drive or an external drive is one of the main reasons behind this QuickBooks error.
- . ND or. TLG extensions might be corrupted or just damaged.
- And with this, also.QBW file might be simply damaged.
- Wrong folder permission to the folder in which you just have a QuickBooks company file.
- And the QuickBooks company file is simply opened by a mapped drive that might have got just deleted or the path no longer exists, this QuickBooks error 6147 happens.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6147
Here are some of the following symptoms that may arise when QuickBooks error code 6147 happens. Just have a look at the symptoms of this error 6147.
- Your system such as a computer or a laptop just stops suddenly and intermittently for some time and continues this bad behavior.
- And also your Windows become very slow and do not take commands through keyboard and mouse.
- Because of this QuickBooks error code, when any back-up getting installed will get damaged and cannot be correctly and properly retrieved.
- And also all the program files cannot be correctly retrieved over the network.
- The network will simply hang up and backup complete data maybe just lost during this QuickBooks error.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6147
So, let’s discuss the possible and also the complete solutions to easily deal with unexpected QuickBooks error 6147.
Solution 1:- Download & Install the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
In the very first solution, you have to simply download and also install the best and amazing QuickBooks file doctor tool to just implement this solution. After that, simply run this excellent tool after the installation is just completed.
Solution 2:- Just Create Complete Back-up Files at a Different Location
- First of all, always make sure that the hosting of the system is not just done.
- Now, in QuickBooks accounting software, simply click on the file menu option and after that just select the utilities option.
- In this step, if the inclusion of stop hosting multi-User option is there in the list, so then, you should just go with the following.
- And then, simply stop the hosting multi-user access option.
- Now, just click on the yes button to the Window shown. And then, simply wait for the next Window to have simply appeared.
- After that, simply click on the yes option with the QuickBooks company file closed.
- And finally, just restore with the complete backup file which is simply present on your system.
There might be a little bit of chance that QuickBooks error code 6147 is still not fixed even after trying many of the solutions. So, in that case, you should always verify that the QuickBooks company file name is not more than the allowed just 210 characters.
In this third solution, trend micro active scan settings are to be simply configured. And you have to just set aside the folder that has the QuickBooks company file. Simply follow these easy and quick step:-
- Firstly, just find your company’s file location.
- And then, simply press the ctrl and then do a double click on the QuickBooks option followed by just opening it without disturbing the QuickBooks company’s file.
- Now, the company’s file should be just on the top. And from the list of the files, simply choose the QuickBooks company file.
- After that, the file list will simply open that would just display the location of the file.
- In this step, you have to just open the scan settings of the trend micro active scan. And then, you have to carefully choose the folder and then simply include it to the exception.
Also Read:- QuickBooks Error 6129, 0
Solution 4:- Simply Repair.ND and.TLG File
In this solution, just rename.ND and.TLG file. .ND and.TLG files are the simply configuration files of QuickBooks accounting software that always provides company files to just run in a multi-user mode or in a network.
To simply rename the file you just have to follow these simple steps:-
- Firstly, just open the folder which simply contains your QuickBooks company file.
- After that, simply open the ND and.TLG file.
- At last, do a right-click on these files and just rename it to.ND old and.TLG old.
Solution 5:- Just Rename the ADR File as QuickBooks Working File
In this fifth solution, simply renaming.ADR file which can definitely help you in fixing the QuickBooks error code 6147. So for this, just follow these steps which are just given below:-
- In the first step, simply open the folder with your QuickBooks company file.
- After that, just search the QuickBooks.ADR folder.
- Now, simply open the folder and then just look for recent ADR file option.
- And finally, do a right-click on that file and then just rename it to .qbw.
Also Read:- QuickBooks Error Code 6123, 0