Have you ever try to export data from QuickBooks online to excel? But almost time you failed to do this process? Then don’t worry about it. Here we will give you a complete and easy guide about this topic.
With the most advanced and also user-friendly great features, it is quite convenient to export data from QuickBooks online to excel at any point in time, without changing the existing data in the QuickBooks company file. And with this, it will also simply attach the data which already exists in a company file. Current transactions, all items, and also online banking connections will continue unchanged while you just start with the export process.
Note:- Always check and make sure in export process time that does not include any special characters in your list. If there are alphanumeric or special characters present, it might lead to errors or issues when exporting lists. And these special characters can be avoided: percent signs (%), asterisks (*), and colons (;)
Export Data From QuickBooks Online To Excel
- First, simply open the original file.
- And then just go to the left menu, and simply choose the reports.
- Now just create the below reports with columns arranged in the order shown below.
- “Simply Create Account List Report” with the below columns:-
- Account #
- Detail Type
- “Just Create Client Contact List Report” with the below columns:-
- Company name
- Complete email address
- Client phone numbers
- Billing city
- Billing street
- And billing zip
- Billing country
- Billing state
- “Now simply Create Vendor Contact Complete List Report” with the below columns:-
- Vendor name
- Company name
- Right & complete email address of the vendor
- Then phone numbers
Also Read:- Create Invoices In QuickBooks
- Complete export reports to the excel.
- Then simply open “reports” in excel.
- And then just delete the rows 1-4.
- At last, simply save the excel spreadsheets.
Perform Some Other Easy & Instant Steps For Services And Also For Products:-
- In the first step, simply choose the gear icon.
- Then just go to services and products.
- In this step, at the top of the item table- simply choose the export to excel option.
- And at last, import in QuickBooks online.
Export Data From QuickBooks Desktop To Excel
- In the first step, simply choose and open the QuickBooks desktop file.
- And then just select the reports and then simply choose the lists.
- Now in this process, simply create the report- item listing report, client contact list report, vendor or customer list report, and also accounting list report.
- Then simply choose – export the reports/data to excel.
- And finally, you can import the report into QuickBooks online. And the process is simply complete.
Import Data In Excel/CSV Into QuickBooks Online
In this guide, we will also discuss how to Import data in Excel/CSV into QuickBooks online. Some QuickBooks users are a little bit confused about this topic. So here we provide you complete information or knowledge about this easy topic.
To easily do this import process, simply download a sample file at the “import page” for each and every of the below-given list types. And this sample file can be simply utilized as a “template” to confirm that you have the best and correct format list while importing.
Import Chart of Accounts
Just use the option “importing a chart of account” if the file is in the simply classic view. But, if the file is in the “new view”, then simply consider the below important note.
Note:- The complete detail type field is case delicate. And if the capitalization in QuickBooks online does not simply match the data or information in this column of the spreadsheet. Then the simply import button will “gray out.” In such type of case, you have to just change the capitalization in the spreadsheet and simply attempt an “import” again.
- First, just go to the company file.
- And then simply choose the gear icon.
- Then just import data.
- Now simply select the accounts.
- And then just click to browse and then simply locate the file.
- Now just choose open.
- In this step, simply select the next.
- And then the columns will be just written as “no match” which is unrecognized.
- Now, the columns will be simply written with a “green check-mark” which clearly means it is recognized data or information.
- In this step, if QBO could not easily detect any field, then simply use the drop-downs and after that simply select next.
Note:- If you receive any type of error such as QuickBooks error 80070057 or QuickBooks error 1603. So at this point simply select the “detail type” from the accounts and then choose the “detail type “that is closest to the type of the account to be just imported.
- And finally, simply choose “import data” after changes are made.
And now at this point, you will simply receive an import summary page. But, if any records just fail to import then in that case, you will see messages like “list the number of successfully imported records” and “detail why a record was not just imported.” And you can simply edit the fields with the required data here.
And once you successfully import all the records/data, QuickBooks online will simply close the import screen automatically.
Import Vendor or Customer Complete Information
If the file simply shows in the classic view, so in that case, you should use importing vendors and supplier/customer contacts from Excel, Gmail, or Outlook. But, if the file appears in a new view, then you have to simply follow the below easy & instant steps.
- In the first step, just go to the company file.
- And then simply choose the gear icon and then just import data.
- Now just select vendors, customers, or clients.
- In this step, just click to browse and then simply locate the file.
- And then choose open and then simply click next.
- The columns will be just written as “no-match” which is simply not recognized.
- And the second one is, the columns will be written with a “green check-mark” which clearly means it is just recognized information or data.
- Now simply choose the next.
- And on the next page, you will simply view the “to be imported” records.
- After that simply edit the fields to enter available data or information.
- And finally, just choose the import to import data once you simply complete the changes.
Note:- In that case, you will just get an “import summary page” if the records simply failed to import. And then you will see messages like “list the number of successfully import records” and also “detail why a record was not just imported.” So in that case simply edit the fields that are needed.
- QuickBooks online will simply close the import screen automatically after the records have been just imported successfully.
Import Services And Products
Use the option “importing services and products” if the file is in the just classic view. However, if in the file is in the new view then you have to follow these simple steps which are given below.
- Firstly, simply choose the gear icon and then just import data.
- Then just select services and products.
- Now simply choose the browse and then just find the file.
- And the simply select open and then choose next
- First is that the columns will be simply written as “no-match” which is not recognized.
- And then the columns will be written with a “green check-mark” which simply means it is just recognized the information.
Also Read:- Undo Reconciliation In QuickBooks Online
- After that simply click next.
- In this step, the next page will just show the records to be just imported.
- Now just edit the fields to enter the needed information.
- Sell option simply enables you to just enter “taxability and income account “ data.
- And buy option allows you to simply enter “ purchase cost and also expense account” data.
- The track option simply permits you to enter “inventory asset account, quantity on hand, and quantity as-of date.”
- And also there is a simple checkbox at the base of the page which simply says, “you have to “overwrite all values for each & every service or product that you just import and has the same name.” In that case, simply choose this if you want inventory items to be just replaced with the import data in case there is any conflict.
- And once you simply complete the changes, then choose the import button to just import data.
Note:- If the records simply failed to import then you might get a “just import summary page”. And then you will see messages like “list the number of successfully imported all records” and “detail why a record was not just imported.” Then simply edit the fields that are needed.
- So once all the records are successfully imported, then quickBooks online will simply close the import screen.
Just leave the following columns are blank when you are “importing” any non-inventory items like:-
- Quantity on hand (QOH)
- Quantity as-of-date
- Purchase cost
- And also inventory asset account
And one more important thing is the filling these fields will simply create non-inventory items to be just set up with “inventory accounts” that cannot be changed.
That is all for this guide or article. We have described complete information about export data from QuickBooks online to excel.