Have you ever think about how to easily track expenses in QuickBooks? Now don’t worry !! Here in this guide, we are explain everything about track expenses in QuickBooks. They provide the best, complete and easy guide for their QuickBooks users.
Before track expenses, when expenses are just entering in QuickBooks, it allows you to easily check how you are spending money and where you can simply manage the costs. And it also explains the complete tax filing procedure. One important is that to simply create expenses, you have to simply set up an expense account in the just chart of accounts.
Also Read:- Create A Journal Entry In QuickBooks Online
And as we all know that the many businesses acquire expenses when they simply providing the best services for their clients or customers and they want to bill their clients for these expenses. For example, a lawyer may bill their customer for courtroom time. And when the lawyer simply drives to the courthouse, they may have to simply pay a fee. The lawyer will just pay for that fee out of pocket and then simply add that fee on the invoice to the customer or client at the end of the meeting.
Every QuickBooks users wonder how to easily manage or handle expense tracking in QuickBooks accounting software, so here is a step-by-step guide on how to do this, simply given by our QuickBooks online support team.
How To Set Expense Accounts in QuickBooks? You Should Know
In order to simply enter expenses in QuickBooks accounting, you should definitely have an expense account. So to simply setup, an expense account then just follow these easy steps which are given below:
- Firstly, simply go to the QuickBooks software home page and just locate the Chart of Accounts.
- After that just click on the Account and then simply choose New.
- After doing this, a New Account window will simply open.
- And then simply choose the Expense under the account type.
- At last, you have to just write the name of the account in the account name field.
Steps to Easily Enter Expenses in QuickBooks Software
- In the first step, simply click on the plus sign (+) icon. And then simply open the transaction menu page.
- After that simply choose Expense under the category of Vendors.
- In this step, in the Expense window, simply choose a Payee. And for a new payee, you have to simply enter the name and then just click on the Add.
- Now, if you simply want to include more details for a new payee, in that case, simply click on the +Details or just Save to perform it later.
- In this step, simply choose the account from which the property has been done. And if it is done by simply debit card, then you have to simply select a Checking Account.
- The next step is to simply enter the Payment Date (the date of investment).
- And after that, you have to just enter the Payment Method. If in case you have used simply another payment method during expense. So in such type of case, simply type it in the Payment method field and then just click on the Add new.
Also Read:- Tracking Inventory In QuickBooks Online
- Now just select the account category from Account. Just for a new category, and simply type the name in Account field and then just click on the Add New.
- In this step, to include more details of your purchase, and also include more information in the Description.
- After that, you can also include notes in the Memo box to simply include more information.
- And then simply enter the expense amount in the Amount field.
- At last, once you are done or complete with filling all the information. Then simply click on the Save and New to save it and just start a new expense or simply click on the Save and Close.
How To Track Expenses in QuickBooks Software?
Before you simply Save and Close or just Save and New, there some easy and the best options which will always help you to easily track expenses.
- If you are billing this expense to a particular client or customer, so in that case, simply choose the Billable and then just type the name of the client or Customer.
Note:- Billable expense tracking should be on to simply see the Billable column.
- And to just check the income vs expenses report of each client, then simply run an Income by Customer Summary report.
- You can also use the fields in Item Details to include more information about the purchased service or product.
Also Read:- Create Invoices In QuickBooks
Editing an Expense in QuickBooks Software
- In the first step, simply choose the Expenses from the left menu.
- After that simply select the expense which you just want to edit from the Expense Transactions window.
- And finally, just update the transaction and then choose the Save and Close.
Note:- Editing and expense may simply change the client’s invoice.
Just Deleting an Expense in QuickBooks
- Firstly, simply choose the Expenses from the left menu.
- And then just select the expense which you want to simply delete from Expense Transactions window.
- After that, simply go to the Expense Details window, and then choose More and just Select Delete.
- And at last, just hit to the Yes to confirm.
This is all about “easily & quickly track expenses in QuickBooks”.