As we all know that QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software to boost any type of business. And it’s managing on the top of the other accounting software by its top and excellent three features, which are- security, reliability, and accuracy. And when users reconfigure or activate the desktop first time then the QuickBooks error 3371 shows.
In this article, we will show that you how to easily fix QuickBooks error 3371 StatusCode – 11118 quickly and instantly.
What Is QuickBooks error 3371?
This heavy error occurs when the user attempts to access the QuickBooks account after cloning the hard drive and reconfiguring the system. Here we have three types of error 3371 and they are:-
- Error 3371: Could not load QuickBooks license data or information.
- Error 3371, status code-11118
- And 3371 Error, status code-1
These errors are found at the time of startup of the accounting software. This can occur when the software license is not valid. At that time a pop up has come on your system desktop of the QuickBooks error 3371 so in this case, you simply press the OK button.
Also Read:- QuickBooks File Doctor
Reason For QuickBooks Error 3371: Why This Is Occur?
If you want to simply install the QuickBooks accounting software, so in this case, you have to store the complete information of license in your hard drive. In case, your license information and hard drive are completely corrupted then you will have to face QuickBooks error 3371.
And when the accounting software wants to check the license information in the configuration of the hardware, so it just uses the system signature to carefully check it. This error seems on the desktop when you rebuilding and cloning your system and the hard drive configuration is not done correctly and properly.
Cause Of The QuickBooks Error 3371
QuickBooks error code 3371 is one of the heaviest and common software error codes that have been disturbing the QuickBooks users for many years.
So when you relocate the license file from one system to another system and simply restore the system this error when the error is shown on the desktop. Then there is a pop up come on your system screen with the message “Could not load QuickBooks license data. And this could be due to a damaged file or missing file.”
And once the Quickbooks error code 3371 shows on your system screen, then the user always fails to open the company files. For this, repairing doesn’t resolve the problem. The cause of this QuickBooks error code is said to be the Entitlement file.
How To Easily Resolve The QuickBooks Error 3371?
So, you simply follow these easy steps for resolving the QuickBooks error 3371 and get instant results. These steps are:-
- For obtaining the running command, you can just click the Window with the R button (window+ R).
- After that simply enter- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 and then just press the OK button.
- Now the explorer window will be simply open.
- In this step, you have to simply locate the ECML file. And then right-click on this file and simply choose the delete button and just delete it.
- In last, you simply close this window and then go to the desktop and restart the QuickBooks.
- Last but not least, after installing the accounting software you just make sure that this is the latest version. And if it is the same version of before so it will be also good.
Easy Procedure to Fix Quickbooks Error Code 3371
Renaming the Entitlement file can always assist you to get rid of the issue. And after renaming, you will have to simply re-register your tool.
For Windows XP Users
- First, just click on the start and then just choose Run.
- Then take the following path to easily trace Entitlement DataStore.ecml file: “C: Documents.
- In this step, simply settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2”.
- And then just click on the OK button.
- And finally, you can either rename or delete the Entitlement DataStore.ecml” file.
Also Read:- QuickBooks Database Server Manager
For Windows 7 users
- Firstly, just go to “C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clients*.
- And then just rename the Entitlement file.
- Now in this step, your QuickBooks tool will generate a new one once you will simply start the Application.
- And in case the program data folder is completely hidden, then simply try the following procedure to unhide it:-
Just click on Computer> Organize> Folder and then search Options> Vi.
And then simply choose Hidden files and folders.
Finally, start QuickBooks. Hopefully, the issue/error should be easily resolved now.
Important Note:- Before messing up with your QuickBooks files and folders, you should generate a backup of your all data and information. Otherwise, you can permanently lose your all folders and files in the absence of the backup of your all information and data. Hence, backup is most important for the security and safety of your all data.